Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Financial Analyst II in Roseville, California
The Financial Analyst supports Program Management in coordinating and managing financial planning and control activities in accordance with the Companys Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and contract requirements, including analysis of weekly and monthly actual costs incurred against budgeted, variance analysis, estimates to complete, and preparation of Management Review Packages.
The Financial Analyst II are focused on data analysis and input.
- Assists in the management and reconciliation of customer contracts for billings, revenue recognition, funding, and percentage complete.
- Supports the accounts receivable function to insure timely collection of outstanding billings.
- May assist in the support of audits of program billings.
- Assists in the preparation and entry of monthly cost of sales.
- Evaluates cost and schedule performance on assigned program/projects
- Supports other financial audits as required.
- Prepares ad hoc analyses.
Financial Analyst II
- Monitors, collects and reports costs on customer contracts and internal projects.
- Maintains, manages and reconciles customer contracts for billings, revenue recognition, funding, and percentage complete.
- Prepares and enters monthly cost of sales entries.
- Prepares Monthly program financial analysis reports which include: Program/project financial status; Performance to budget with variance analysis; estimate to complete; estimate at complete; and anticipated net operating incomes.
- May consult with Program and Cost Account Managers to develop variance reports/correction actions.
- Maintains and ensures the accuracy of Budget and Estimate to complete data bases.
- Maintains and ensures the accuracy of actual cost collected.
- Prepares and maintains all month end, program related general ledger account reconciliations.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelors Degree in accounting or finance.
- 3 - 5 years experience with cost reporting and data analysis.
- Working knowledge and experience with all financial functions including Earned Value Management (EVMS), Cost Reporting, Estimating, Cost Management, and Operating Plan/Forecast preparation.
- Knowledge of all contract types: CPA/IF, FFP, FPI, T&M; & IDIQ.
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word and MS Project.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Primarily office environment: desk, telephone, keyboard/mousing/writing and interface with internal personnel. Routine sitting and use of computer/telephone/copier equipment, some walking and reaching, active listening and thinking.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, hold, grasp, type, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
May work extended hours or weekends.
Office and/or manufacturing environment.
Some local travel may be required.
Job Tracking ID: 85347-232020
Location: Roseville, CA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: October 11, 2016
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: At least 3 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: ASAP