HCA, Hospital Corporation of America MRI Technologist PRN in Round Rock, Texas
Under the general supervision of the Director of Imaging Services and the Manager of Imaging Services, MR Tech performs diagnostic MRI procedures for patients’ ages infant through geriatric. Generates appropriate paperwork including requisitions, screening forms, charges and provides a complete history of patient. Responsible for maintaining expert technical and patient-care skills and provides quality diagnostic results. Responsible for supply/inventory management. When need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs magnetic resonance procedures.
- Selects appropriate program for the desired protocol
- Administers contrast material using proper technique
- Enters appropriate charges and review for accuracy in Meditech
Photographs and formats all exams in the required setting along with proper clinical history.
- Reconstructs images and photograph exams in compliance with policy and procedures.
- Corroborates patient’s clinical history with procedure, assuring information is documented and available for use by the radiologist
Plans and directs volume of patients and examinations.
- Schedules patients in accordance with procedure manual.
- Ensure that patients receive examinations with-in thirty minutes of scheduled time.
- Communicates pertinent information to interpreting radiologist in a timely manner.
Maintains a well-cleaned and supplied department at all times.
- Posts any supply needs on the bulletin board by telephone and follows through to see items have been ordered.
- Restocks scan room and cleans prior to shifts end.
- Interacts daily with patients, physicians, family members, and other hospital employees.
Performs other duties as requested by Director of Imaging Services.
- Performs other clerical job and administrative duties as required.
- Assist in File Room – Print reports.
- Supports and promotes hospital guest relations programs.
- Assists in cost control initiative.
*Knowledge & Skills:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Has frequent contact with patients, visitors, and families. Daily interaction with other departments. Operates and assists in maintaining high technology MR system. Handles confidential patient medical records information. Maintains high standards of patient care. Operates H.I.S. computer terminals. Participates in P.I. process as necessary. Patients cared for will range in Lifespan from infant to geriatric. Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to demonstrate understanding of HCA's and St. David's ""Patients First"" safety initiative by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures.
Education: Required: Graduate from a school of Radiologic Technology approved by the American Medical Association.
Experience: Preferred: One-year experience as a Radiologic Technologist. 1-year experience as a MRI technologist
Credentials: Required: Current Advanced Registry in Magnetic Resonance with the American Registry Radiologic Technologists certification, BLS-AHA certified Preferred: State MRT
Title: MRI Technologist PRN
Location: Texas-Round Rock-Round Rock Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06240-47928