HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse - Oncology - Nights/Sign on Bonus in Round Rock, Texas
St. David's Round Rock Medical Center Located in Round Rock Texas (Austin Texas area)
St David’s Round Rock Medical Center our staff is committed to the fight against cancer; we are a 20 bed medical oncology unit that treats a variety of cancer diagnosis. We have partner with some of the finest physicians from Texas Oncology that are dedicated to needs of our cancer patients and have received Accreditations from Commission on Cancer.
St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center is a 170 bed facility that specializes in trauma services, orthopedics, women’s health, surgical services, rehabilitation, and our recent addition of the Heart Hospital of Austin at St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center that provides specialized heart and vascular services. We are committed to the needs our community and look forward to you joining our team!**
*Unit Description: * Oncology Unit
- This 11-bed wing on a 36-bed unit provides the opportunity to provide care to orthopedic and spinal surgery patients as well as oncology patients.
- The patient population varies from young adult to geriatric. Common patient types include post-op care/management for patients who have undergone total knee, total hip, spine fusion, and spine diskectomy surgeries.
- The oncology populations of the unit cares for newly diagnosed cancers such as leukemia's and lymphomas to the chronic oncology patient suffering from pancytopenia and coagulopathy. This unit will continue to grow through the next year to a maximum 34-bed capacity.
- The patient populations that will be added during the growth will complement the existing orthopedic population and oncology population.
- Additional training to help prepare the nurses to care for/manage this population is provided by an on-site clinical nurse specialist who has experts in these areas.
- The nurse caring for the oncology patient is provided with chemotherapy certification by ONS
- The established staff offers a supportive environment in which to learn and grow. Bedside charting capabilities are available using a laptop cart for documentation and medication administration via electronic medication administration record (e-MAR), and a substation in each hallway that houses immediately needed supplies.
Position Description: * Responsible for professional nursing care and related assistance to patients with a broad range of illnesses. * The RN is involved in direct and indirect patient care. * The RN provides direction to licensed vocational nurses (LVNs) and other non-licensed nursing personnel in providing direct patient care.
License/Certification: Required: Current licensure in Texas as a RN. Certification in basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Education/Experience: Required: Previous experience in acute care nursing. Computer skills.Must have at least 1 year of med-surg and ortho/oncology nursing experience. Preferred:ONS certification.
Title: Registered Nurse - Oncology - Nights/Sign on Bonus
Location: Texas-Round Rock-Round Rock Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06240-49615