Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Mechanical Inspector II - III in Sacramento, California
With precision in execution and meticulous attention to detail, performs inspections at various stages of assembly and manufacturing, including first article, in-process, and final inspections, of complex machined/molded parts for conformance to specifications. Maintains accurate records..
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare required inspection documentation such as written descriptions of inspection results including deviations from engineering specifications.
- Generate Discrepant Material Reports (DMR), process materials / items into and out of hold areas. Verifies remediation actions completed per DMR instructions.
- Perform Quality transactions in various systems: ERP (Cincom), DMR Log, Continuous Improvement Action Log.
- Cooperate with and support Engineering and Manufacturing efforts.
- Maintain a clean work area ensuring strict adherence to the 5S Standards.
- Comply with established safety directives.
- Familiar with CEis Quality Management System requirements and follow procedures as applicable to Mechanical Inspector responsibilities.
- Communicate in English, both written and verbal.
- Work well as an individual contributor as well as in a team environment.
- Maintain accurate time keeping.
Mechanical Inspector II
- Perform critical quality-testing activities on projects covering mechanical installations and hardware testing.
- Perform First Article (FA) inspection to validate product requirements with little to no assistance.
- Apply established inspection procedures and recommend changes to inspection formats and procedures to improve quality process.
- Inspect complex machined and molded tools, fixtures, and parts using advanced measuring and layout instruments and equipment and visual and mechanical inspection methods.
- Present hardware and documentation for source inspection review to customer and/or government representatives.
- Assist in the training of other personnel as required.
- Perform or assist with internal QMS audits.
- Read and understand supplier performance data.
- Operate the manual CMM.
- Perform calibration process.
Additional Desired Skills for Inspector II
- CWI Weld inspection Certification/ NDT Experience
Mechanical Inspector III
- Assist Engineering with special validation requirements (prototypes, pre-production builds; all of which may have limited information).
- Work from written or verbal instructions, detailed engineering drawings and 3D models.
- Able to set up, load program and run a programmable CMM.
- Participate when needed in design reviews on cross-functional teams to ensure that conformance to specification, inspect-ability, reliability, safety and quality system objectives are met.
- Provide Manual CMM On-Job-Training to Mechanical Inspector II.
Additional Desired Skills for Inspector III
- CMM Programming using PC-DMIS or other application language.
- A&P; (Airframe and Power plant) certification.
- ASQ or Industry certification such as Mechanical Inspector, Auditor, or other quality function.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control tools (SPC).
Experience and Skills:
- May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
Mechanical Inspector II
- Two to four years related experience.
- High school diploma
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Understands the use of common gages and measurement instruments.
- Proficient in surface plate tools and techniques.
- Previous application of quality tools including CMM, open set-ups, and a variety of hand inspection tools to ensure parts conform to all drawing requirements and specifications.
- Experience working with QMS, AQL, Mil, aerospace and other industry specifications.
- Proficient MS Word and MS Excel.
- Basic understanding of GD&T.;
- Must be able to research traceability and construct data packages.
- Must understand calibration systems and traceability to standards.
- *Mechanical Inspector III
- Four plus years of related experience as a mechanical or senior process inspector. May consider formal QA/QC training or certification in lieu of experience.
- High school diploma; AA degree or some college credits preferred.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Willing and able to train/mentor team members as needed.
- Must be able to work from written or verbal instructions, detailed engineering drawings and 3D models.
- Must be very fluent in GD&T; (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing) and the application of AMSE Y14.5M.
- Able to use team skills and add value when participating on problem solving and process improvement teams.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- May work extended hours or weekends as business needs.
- Office and manufacturing environment.
- Possibility of exposure to noise and hazardous chemicals.
- Standing on a hard surface, walking, some lifting (not over 50 lbs
Job Tracking ID: 85347-232268
Location: Sacramento, CA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: April 11, 2017
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Years of Experience: At least 3 Years
Level of Education: High School/GED
Starting Date: ASAP