Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Quality Engineer II in Sacramento, California
The Quality Engineer, through integrated product/manufacturing process team participation, uses expertise and judgment in implementing a wide variety of quality concepts, practices and procedures. The Quality Engineer contributes to product and manufacturing process design, as well as the methods for verification and validation of product and deliverable systems and services to ensure adherence to company and customer requirements. The Quality Engineer works towards the prevention and/or resolution of product and manufacturing process nonconformance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Defines robust quality and inspection plans for programs or projects under guidance or using previous bodies of knowledge.
- Interprets design documents and specifications to extract and document the quality function deliverables.
- Assists design engineering personnel to assure components and assemblies can be properly manufactured and inspected.
- During manufacturing process and product design reviews, ensures that related quality considerations are well defined and documented in quality and inspection plans.
- Develops and documents material, product and system acceptance test plans.
- Reviews, provides input to, and approves technical documentation that impacts QA/inspection activities or requirements.
- Reviews CMM or inspection data for the qualification of new product and production tooling.
- Interfaces with and supports Supplier Quality Engineers on issues deriving from purchased items.
- Defines inspection processes using knowledge of GD&T; and inspection tooling/gauging concepts.
- Reviews and/or prepares documentation to support product/system delivery, including configuration and documentation verification.
- Participates and supports Material Review Boards (MRB) on assorted programs or projects as assigned.
- Dispositions discrepant materials as identified by internal departments or customers.
- Analyzes and reports on process performance with emphasis on "critical to" and "cost of" quality.
- Participates in, and may lead, root cause analysis efforts and subsequent development and implementation of robust effective corrective/preventative action plans.
- Interfaces with customer and Government representatives.
- Deploys operating excellence through QA.
- Participates in continuous improvement of the companys Quality Management System.
- Adheres to safety procedures
- Works on projects of medium complexity with little previously established bodies of knowledge.
- Assists in definition of inspection tooling using knowledge of GD&T; and inspection tooling/gauging concepts.
- Leads root cause analysis efforts and subsequently is responsible for developing and implementing robust effective corrective/preventative action plans.
- Perform as chair-person for Material Review Board (MRB) on assigned programs or projects.
- Provides technical guidance to level I Quality Engineers and other QA staff.
- Supports and may participate on Configuration Control Board (CCB) and Engineering Review Board (ERB).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Proficient in root cause, corrective and preventive action programs.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience with composites.
- Certified Quality Engineer.
- Able to read and interpret design drawings, schematics and military specifications.
- Demonstrated GD&T; skills.
- Experience in Quality Assurance within the aerospace industry.
- Manufacturing engineering experience.
- Demonstrated skills in statistical analysis, process control, and SPC development.
- Strong project management skills.
- Hands-on approach.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or equivalent experience.
- 3-6 years experience as a Quality Engineer in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with quality systems ISO 9001 and SAE AS9100.
WORK ENVIROMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office and manufacturing environment
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- May be exposed to possible shop hazards including high noise level, high pressure equipment, chemicals, and shop traffic.
Job Tracking ID: 85347-232727
Location: Sacramento, CA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: October 10, 2016
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: At least 3 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: ASAP