Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Advanced Practice Nurse-Mental Health in Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Saint Cloud, MN
Work Schedule is Part Time 48 hours - Excepted Service Permanent
Opened Friday 10/14/2016 (5 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 10/28/2016 (9 day(s) away)
Vacancy Identification Number: 1825852
You could be part of an important initiative to provide mental health care for our nations Veterans!
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs mental health professionals who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who serve our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your country's service.
If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.
The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission. The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define "who we are," our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence ("I CARE").
America's Veterans need you!
To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
PLEASE NOTE: Qualified clinical trainees, residents, fellows, interns, etc. are encouraged to apply; please follow the instructions in the How to Apply section.
Education Debt Reduction Program funding may be authorized for the health professional education that was required of the position.
The incumbent works in the Outpatient Clinic of the Mental Health Service Line and functions within a defined scope of practice. Primarily functions as direct care provider for a caseload of veterans with psychiatric illness and/or substance abuse.Responsibilities include assessment, diagnosis and treatment of mental health problems and includes initiating and adjusting therapeutic regimens, ordering diagnostic and therapeutic tests/studies, initiating consults and referrals, and prescribing medications and supplies in accordance with VA Policy, VA Formulary and State Regulations.Other activities may include individual and/or group psychotherapy, interdisciplinary team member or leader, crisis intervention/triage, supervision of graduate interns, and participation on Medical Center committees or task groups.
Work Schedule:24 hours a week, may include Saturdays and Evenings based on the needs of the Servic Line for a totalof 48 hours a pay period Functional Statement Title/#: APRN - Mental Health
- Not Required
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing required.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- You must be a US citizen.
- U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Full unrestricted Licensure, Certification, or Registration required
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and /or accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
* MINNESOTA APPLICANTS MUST HAVE APRN/CNP/CNS LICENSE TO PRACTICE EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2015 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION **
- NURSE PRACTITIONERS: A nurse practitioner must be licensed or otherwise recognized as a nurse practitioner in a State, possess a master's degree from a program accredited by the NLNAC or CCNE, and maintain full and current certification as a nurse practitioner from the American Nurse Association or another nationally recognized certifying body. (The certification must be in the specialty to which the individual is being appointed or selected) ie: Clinical Nurse*Specialist in Adult Psychiatric and Mental Health or as a Psychiatric NP)*
Grade Determinations: Experience as a RN will be evaluated to determine if the experience is of an acceptable level of quality with regard to the following four dimensions of nursing: Practice, Professional Development, Collaboration and Scientific Inquiry. Each dimension of practice has criteria that demonstrate essential core competencies for VHA Nursing Personnel. The criteria are as follows:
*Practice: practice, ethics and resource utilization;
- *Professional Development: performance, education/career development;
- *Collaboration; collaboration, collegiality;
- *Scientific Inquiry: quality of care, research. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-6 Nurse Qualification Standard.This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to pass a physical if required.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
PLEASE NOTE: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
DESIGNATED DRUG-TESTING POSITION: Applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA. Applicants will not be appointed to the position if a verified positive drug test result is received.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
What To Expect Next
You will receive e-mail notification as to whether or not you were included on the list of referred candidates. If you do not provide an e-mail address, your notification will be sent via US postal service within 2-4 weeks.
Important note: Applicants have the burden of producing all needed information prior to the closing of the announcement (Friday, October 28, 2016). If this requirement is not met and you are not referred to the hiring facility, you may contact the local HR office for Direct Hiring Authority options.
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This link provides is an overview of the benefits currently offered: http://www.vacareers.va.gov/why-choose-va/benefits/index.asp.
Receiving Service Credit for Earning Annual (Vacation) Leave: VA may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their job-related non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which they earn annual leave.
Annual leave shall accrue for full-time Nurses, and Nurse Anesthetists at the rate of 8 hours for each full biweekly pay period.
Veterans and Transitioning Service Members: Please visit the VA for Vets site for career-search tools for Veterans seeking employment at VA, career development services for our existing Veterans, and coaching and reintegration support for military service members.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
This position is located at the St. Cloud VA Health Care System which is part of the VA Midwest Health Care Network (VISN 23).
Service Line:Mental Health
Tour of Duty: 24 hours a week, may include Saturdays and Evenings based on the needs of the service Line for a total of 48 hours a pay period
Multi- year recruitment incentive may be availible and EDRP (Education reduction repayment plan)
FAIR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES WEB SITES
Hiring Official Presentation:
Fair Credit Reporting Act Notice:
Salary Range: $70,538.00 to $119,635.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: VN-0610-00/00
Promotion Potential: 03
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 453432300
Job Announcement Number: BA-17-KAE-1825852-BU