IDEXX Country Manager - France in Saint Denis, France
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for livestock and poultry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs more than 6,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
JOB SUMMARY: Lead Companion Animal Group (“CAG”) commercial (sales) teams and commercial (marketing) initiatives in country or region as applicable. Key goals: drive sales and profitability growth, market penetration and foster customer loyalty to IDEXX CAG veterinary diagnostic products and services, including diagnostic instruments (VetLab), reagents, kits, laboratory services and digital radiography instruments where applicable. Goals will be achieved by working closely with CAG Line of Business Managers and leveraging key management tools including market analysis, strategic planning, and effective sales representatives management and motivation.
Success in this role is measured by (a) revenue growth and speed of market penetration; b) sales productivity as a result of training, equipping and motivating telesales and field sales representatives; (c) P&L; management based on gross margin profitability and control of direct sales expenses; and (d) CAG sales leverage such that field sales representatives are cooperating and leveraging each others’ skills and products/service to sell even more than they could alone
As a member of the SER CAG CFO Leadership Team, participate in establishing the strategic commercial direction and provide feedback to ensure implementation and achievement of goals for gross margin, operating expenses and customer service. Develop and manage field sales representatives through excellent recruiting, performance management, and ongoing coaching and training. The Country Manager is the legal representative for IDEXX locally, i.e. the Regional General Manager. As the Regional General Manager, the Country Manager ensures that he/she and his/her team adhere to and operate in accordance with set corporate policies and procedures for conducting business, which may include areas such as financial control, human resources management and general compliance with national legislation.
JOB SCOPE METRICS (INDICATIVE 2016):
- 50 $ million yearly revenue;
- 35/40 FTE – 3 sales Managers and a Sales Administrative Manager to manage as direct reports;
- Growing rate : 10% CAGR over the last 10 years;
- Strong recurring revenue business with good margins.
*PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: *
Regional Sales, Financial, and Customer Management
- Assure achievement of sales and local country P&L; targets, ensuring robust and profitable business that meets the country and EMEA market penetration and financial objectives.
- Develop and communicate in partnership with management the strategic business plan, operating budget and quarterly tactical plans for IDEXX CAG products and services in the regional market. Key stakeholders include IDEXX CAG Lines of Business and IDEXX EMEA senior management at EMEA HQ in Hoofddorp, NL.
- Development of a country/regional commercial strategy.
- Lead/manage the country/regional commercial organization.
- Lead Sales Managers and country sales team’s efforts to leverage other sales channels to maximize sales and customer service franchise objectives. Channels include: telesales (inside sales account managers) and professional services, distributors (regional managers and field distribution sales representatives) where applicable, trade shows, and seminars.
- Retain and enhance IDEXX’s customer franchise by fostering great customer interactions by field representatives, through value-added education, service and support. Facilitate great customer service through other IDEXX service representatives primarily through the use of analytical tools in order to establish best practice sales management through historical data trending and future market positioning.
- Deliver timely feedback to sales, marketing and product development organization on progress, milestones, new ideas and roadblocks to achieve sales goals.
- As the Regional General Manager, the Country Manager ensures that he/she and his/her team adhere to and operate in accordance with set corporate policies and procedures for conducting business, which may include areas such as financial control, human resources management and general compliance with national legislation and IDEXX business conduct and ethics standards. This may involve matters pertaining to other Lines of Business outside of CAG.
Performance Management and Individual Development
- Work with VP General Manager EMEA and CAG Lines of Business Management (IHD/LABS/DIGITAL) to develop goals and compensation system that is aligned with the business objectives, consistent with market, and simple to understand and measure.
- Implement and maintain effective sales pipeline management and accurate progress tracking of sales achievement to ensure effective sales compensation management.
- Supervise, coach and motivate Sales Managers and field representatives through occasional “ride with”, regular conference calls, regular team meetings and sales meetings to maximize sales effectiveness and territory potential.
- Build a sales team culture that fosters cooperation, best practice sharing, sales innovation and strong individual commitment to sales excellence.
- Enhance individual performance and development through specific and timely feedback, quarterly performance discussions, and a written evaluation at least annually.
- Maintain development plans for each individual to set clear career expectations.
- Through above actions, minimize voluntary turnover and maximize retention and career progression of high-performing representatives.
- Recruit and hire, with support of country management and human resources, highly talented and motivated individuals with required current and future potential to support IDEXX’s growth.
Continuous Improvement of Systems and Processes
- Develop, maintain and support sales processes to improve productivity and ensure that goals are met.
- Provide feedback to management of other IDEXX functions through regular 1:1 contact, participation in team conference calls and in process improvement teams.
- Implement and improve training, coaching, and use of sales force automation tools to continuously enhance the sales productivity, while building and maintaining IDEXX’s customer and account database.
- Bring the field’s voice to VP General Manager EMEA and other Line of Business senior management in the EMEA Region in evaluation and implementation of systems and processes.
Support IDEXX Strategic Direction
- Analyze the characteristics and trends of the local market and help define customer needs for new or modified products and services.
- Work with customer and product marketing and other functions to support advancements in strategic direction, new product definition and sales and marketing programs, product positioning, promotional initiatives, and sales force automation tools.
- Additional related duties as assigned or required.
- University degree in a relevant discipline or combination of equivalent studies and experience. Veterinary degree or MBA a definite plus.
- 8-12 years of related business experience required with 4+ years of previous sales experience preferred (preferably in medical devices, healthcare, or diagnostics environment), and a minimum of 6 years of relevant sales management experience required (P&L; responsibility and sales and marketing management experience involving both direct and distribution channels). Experience with selling of laboratory services is a definite plus.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated track record of outstanding sales achievement over several years in high technology or medically related products.
- Successful sales management of complex product and service line.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a matrix environment.
- Performance management skills, including coaching, recognition and feedback and individual professional development to enhance sales performance and customer franchise.
- Financial acumen; ability to assess and evaluate implications of quarterly/annual goals attainment, standard costs and pricing, programs, equipment financing and customer financial needs.
- Technical aptitude, including the medical field and life science preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer software including word processing, spreadsheets and sales force automation (SFA) systems.
- Demonstrated written and presentation skills.
- Maturity, flexibility and responsiveness to employee/subordinate needs or concerns.
- Integrity, keeping commitments to employees, customers.
- Willingness and dedication to support IDEXX, its mission and code of ethics.
- Drive, initiative and passion for business excellence.
- Fluent in French and English. A working knowledge of another European language would be an asset.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Normal office environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Requires high amount (30-40%) of country and international travel.
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO: South European General Manager.
*POSITIONS REPORTING TO THIS POSITION: *
- 3 Sales Managers of CAG-product/service-lines (e.g. VetLab instruments or Laboratory Services/Kits). In addition, currently supervises 1 sales administrative Manager and is supported by an HR BP and Finance analyst.
Primary Location: EMEA-France-Saint Denis-Saint Denis
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Posting: Oct 18, 2016, 9:09:29 AM
Req ID: 10129596-20161014