HCA, Hospital Corporation of America MSTAR Crisis Worker - Utilization Review (Part Time) in Salt Lake City, Utah
MountainStar Patient Transfer Center is a one-stop solution for patient-care providers to better meet patient care needs. Our knowledgeable support team coordinates transfers when patients need emergency care, urgent medical evaluation, or admission to any MountainStar hospital in Utah. We are here to help; quickly, efficiently and around the clock, every day of the year.
Utilization Review Specialist (Part Time)
Work Schedule => 1 - 12 hour shift per week (9 a.m. - 9 p.m.)
The Utilization Review Specialist is primarily responsible to complete requirements for the initial review to secure authorization of emergent services for inpatient psychiatric treatment. Communication with the assessment team, review of the medical record, and collecting collateral information necessary to successfully meet payer contract requirements. Due to their role in performing this case management function ongoing communication and coordination with case management is required for support and training.
· * Completes preauthorization of inpatient psychiatric treatment.
· ** Actively seeks out information required to complete the authorization process including contacting providers to provide additional details as needed.
a* *Maintains awareness of contract requirements and seeks to meet required standards for the review process.
· ** Documents all communications with third party payers as directed.
· ** Attends and participates in department meetings as directed.
** * Proactively identifies potential problems and manages them effectively.
** * Demonstrates ability to set priorities.
· * Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by verbal or written instructions.
·** Follows established policy and procedures in performing job functions.
** Interacts and communicates with others in a way that promotes a positive and cooperative work environment.
* *Channels concerns appropriately.
* * Provides input, suggestions and support appropriately.
·** Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work practices.
· ** Ensures patient rights and confidentiality.
· **Completes on and/or off site clinical assessments to determine level of care during periods of downtime to support the assessment team.o Assessments must comply with all requirements for assessment and documentation o Maintains competency as an ARC clinician
· ** Works collaboratively with hospital departments to assist managing behavioral health assessment needs.
· ** Participates as an active member of the multidisciplinary team.
**Performs other duties as assigned by Case Management/Program Director.**Licensure or certification in the State of Utah as a Professional Counselor, Clinical Social Social Worker, Marriage and Family Counselor or Behavioral Health Registered Nurse **BCLS and CPI also required. *Prefe**1-3 years’ experience in a behavioral healthcare setting performing clinical asess assesments or in a clinical treatment setting. ** **Experience conducting utilization reviews in a psychiatric setting required.
Title: MSTAR Crisis Worker - Utilization Review (Part Time)
Location: Utah-Salt Lake City-Mountainstar Contact Center
Requisition ID: 26138-33351