PAE, Inc CBP Aircraft Servicer Brown Field in San Diego, California
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
CBP Aircraft Servicer Brown Field
Responsible for performing aircraft servicing, ground handling, and operational (daily and turn-around) inspections as required to maintain flight operations. Fuels aircraft and ground support equipment. Directs aircraft start-up and taxi operations using hand signals or light wands at dusk. Assists in towing and movement of aircraft by riding brakes or serving as a wing walker. May be required to drive tow tractor and reposition aircraft on the flight line. Reports to lead person on site.
Essential Job Functions
· Assist mechanics with daily and turn-around inspections within time constraints to ensure flight safety and integrity.
· Operates service vehicles to replenish oxygen, nitrogen, hydraulic fluid, ( After appropriate on-the-job training and certification)
· Operates ground support equipment such as power units, air conditioning units, and tow tractors. (After appropriate on-the-job training and certification)
· Take fuel samples and service oil in accordance with established procedures.
· Launch and recover aircraft by fire guarding and marshaling. ( After appropriate on the job training and certification)
· Required to clean interior and exterior of aircraft using portable ladders, brushes, rags, water hose and vacuum.
· Required to secure aircraft in parking positions with blocks, and tie downs.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Support the FOD program by maintaining a clean work area, cleaning up after completing jobs and flight line walk-downs.
Minimum Education and Experience Required
· Must have one (1) year recent aircraft serving experience
· Knowledge of aircraft and flight line safety practices.
· Will be required to pass a government back ground investigation.
Applicants must submit a resume that documents their experience in for the following:
· Total number of months serving aircraft experience
· Total number of months practicing aircraft and flight line safety
23060 AIRCRAFT SERVICER (Airport Utility Worker) The Aircraft Servicer (Airport Utility Worker) services aircraft, performing any combination of the following tasks, directs incoming and outgoing aircraft near terminal or flight line parking area to assist pilot's maneuvering of the aircraft on ground, using hand or light signals or drives light truck with guiding sign, and secures aircraft in parking position with blocks, stakes, and tie downs. The Aircraft Servicer (Airport Utility Worker) does the following tasks: operates service vehicles to replenish fuel, oil, water, waste system chemicals, oxygen, hydraulic fluid, and to remove waste, enters in the aintenance records description of the servicing performed, checks for fuel contamination by draining sumps and fuel drains; operates ground support equipment such as electrical power supply and engine starting units,
examines tires for specified air pressure and condition, assists in jacking and towing aircraft, removes and replaces defective tires, positions and removes boarding platforms to unload or load aircraft passengers, unloads and loads luggage and cargo, using tow truck with luggage carts, and cleans exterior or
interior of aircraft, using portable platform ladders, brushes, rags, water hose, and vacuum. The Aircraft Servicer may de-ice aircraft wings and assemblies, load and unload containers of food, beverages, and dishes for in-flight meal services, trace lost luggage for customers and prepare lost baggage claims, and install drag chutes or retrieve them and send them to parachute shop for repacking.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email email@example.com with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.