Randstad Director of Platform Integration in San Diego, California
Director of Platform Integration
San Diego, CA
Monday, October 17, 2016
This position will lead and direct a significant portion of the companies IT operations organization. The duties can include engineering and operation of the Network, Data Centers, processing platforms, storage systems, enterprise applications, end user platforms, Help Desk, Executive Support, IT Service Management, and/or the IT leadership of major acquisitions. The position must ensure that infrastructure systems are available, maintained and operational to meet or exceed business processing requirements. Responsible for strategy, tactical project execution, and daily infrastructure operations.
Essential Job Functions: The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities w ith or without a reasonable accommodation.
Be an active member of the leadership team, working to optimize the utilization of IT investments in the most efficient and effective manner. Oversee emerging technology strategy, development, and deployment. Evaluate, select, implement and maintain technology conforming to the IT Reference Architecture in support of business functions. Work cross-functionally to establish the strategic direction of information technology and its utilization to benefit the company.
Ensure the infrastructure platforms remain operational on a 24-hour basis; directs the teams as necessary that troubleshoots and resolves infrastructure/operations problems; and that systems have the necessary levels of redundancy and disaster recovery capabilities to meet business needs.
Make decisions on infrastructure architecture and design that will maximize reliability, performance and scalability while taking advantage of new, cost-effective technologies as they become available. Ensure the integrity of the infrastructure as it relates to security and stability.
Prepare and successfully manage department budgets and lead the assigned IT teams.
Oversee specific infrastructure technology projects and ensure the infrastructure components are planned, implemented, and executed well for all projects. This includes managing teams of technical personnel through all phases of project development, roll-out and implementation. Interface with other departments and management through the project process and manage changes to project plans. Propose budgets and schedules, set timetables for information systems projects, allocate resources, monitor progress and troubleshoot solutions to project challenges.
Plan and implement policies, procedures and systems to avoid service interruptions and continuously improve infrastructure operations and processes. Plan and oversee implementation of facilities and system modifications and upgrades.
Establish and maintain multiple vendor partnerships to ensure they provide optimal service and long term benefits and support to the companies strategic and operational business goals. Ensure outsource partners operate to the required levels, continuously improve, and deliver the required value and levels of support. Partner with Procurement on the investigation, evaluation, and acquisition of vendor products and services.
Some key skills for the Director of Integration role would be as follows:
· iPaaS - A familiarity with iPaaS concepts and API-Led integration concepts and patterns.
· SOA - A familiarity with basic SOA concepts, patterns and strategic goals. Specifically REST, APIs, JSON, microservices.
· Governance - A familiarity with the challenges associated with API / SOA governance. A familiarity with the structure of successful governance organizations.
· DevOps - A basic familiarity with DevOps concepts and goals. High level.
· Hybrid Cloud Integration - A familiarity with the challenges associated with phased cloud migration and datacenter-to-cloud integration.
· QA - A familiarity with structured QA in integration software.
· Agile / Scrum Methodology - A familiarity with leveraging the Agile methodology in delivering quality integrations.
· Data Integration - A familiarity with data federation tools, ETL tools, cloud data integration / translations tools, etc.
- Key responsibilities might include the following:
· Own and Drive the ICC - Responsible for owning and evolving the Integration Competency Center team (aka: Center of Enablement).
· API Evolution - Responsible for driving and guiding the evolution of APIs within the IT landscape.
· API Based Open IT Landscape - Responsible for achieving the strategic goal of transitioning for a closed "black box" IT environment to an open API based, community driven IT landscape.
· Integration Quality - Responsible for ensuring the quality and effectiveness of all integrations.
· Integration Team Structure and Oversight - Responsible for tuning and evolving the structure of the Integration Team.
· Integration Delivery - Responsible for driving the delivery of all integrations on time and on budget.
Manage staff comprised of Information Systems associates and direct, as necessary, outsource partner activities. Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, mentoring/coaching, providing functional guidance, assignment delegation and follow-through, and, partnering with Human Resources, discipline up to and including termination.