Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Project Accountant in San Diego, California
The Project Accountant is responsible for regional activities in the project accounting environment and will perform moderately complex accounting and support functions as they relate to their regions job setup, billing, month-end close, and project accounting. The Project Accountant will also be responsible for maintaining monthly operating reports, attending project review meetings, and taking on various special projects as requested by the Project Accounting Manager or Regional Manager. This individual will work closely with the Regional Manager and regularly communicate and collaborate with project managers, collections, procurement, other regional branches, and corporate.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensuring proper revenue recognition with timely updated of project budgets: review/analyze results: resolve issues; support closing schedules. Participate in job reviews with Project Managers, update the ERP for revised estimate-to-complete ("ETC"), and related account reconciliations.
- Support Project Accounting Manager respond to external auditors requests/questions: prepare/review supporting schedules.
- Review regional WIP/margin reports: discuss any projects that are over budget or have excessive unbilled revenue / costs in excess of billings (CIEB) or unusual deferred revenue / billings in excess of costs (BIEC) balances.
- Prepare and analyze gross profit budget-to-actuals; work closely with the Project Accounting Manager and Regional Manager to prepare the monthly operations package, including forecasts, waterfall, pipeline, etc.
- Assist in completing and/or entering new project booking packages: responsible for ensuring contract amounts are properly maintained and that prevailing wage projects are tracked and communicated to payroll.
- Ensure timely billing and support the collections process, including addressing issues with customers, accounts receivable, sales and operations.
- Other projects as needed.
Experience and Skills:
- Understanding of percent complete revenue recognition concepts as they relate to the construction industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite products (excellent Excel skills required).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years of progressive industry experience working in a fast paced environment required: prefer experience working in $25 million plus organizations.
- Project accounting - monitoring, analyzing and reviewing projects
Experience with a mid to large ERP system; MS Dynamics ERP system (SL or GP) or Timberline preferred.
The employee will be placed in an office environment. The work environment characteristics are representative of those of an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job in a typical office/workstation situation. Able to work sitting or standing at desk and operate a computer via standard input devices such as using a keyboard and reading information on a monitor.
Job Tracking ID: 85347-225402
Location: San Diego, CA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: February 07, 2017
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 2
Years of Experience: At least 3 Years
Level of Education: High School/GED
Starting Date: February 20, 2017