Randstad Sr. SQA Engineer in San Diego, California
Sr. SQA Engineer
location:San Diego, CA
date posted:Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Our client is looking for a Sr. Lead Quality Assurance Automation software engineer to join there team.
The position plays senior role in the Quality Assurance process, works with team and autonomously to complete deliverables.
The position requires an expert level experience in following areas:
· Automated software test development (Selenium, Junit, TestNG, Java, Maven, SOAPUI, etc.)
· OO (Object Oriented) Java software platform concepts with service oriented architecture (SOA)
· Functional and system testing, "black box" and "white box" testing techniques
· Across web browsers testing including configuration, cache, and debugging techniques
· Web services testing across distributed infrastructure
· Use of defect management systems (examples: HP Quality Center, ClearQuest, etc.)
· Data verification using complex SQL for Oracle DB
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Perform Functional, System and Regression testing
· Develop high level test approach and creates test strategies, test plans, and test matrices as applicable
· Participate in requirement reviews and provides feedback
· Estimate scope and work effort, writes test procedures, test scripts, publishes test results
· Perform software analysis, debugging, issue base risk assessment
Education and/or Experience
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and five (5) to eight (8) plus years' related experience in software quality assurance testing methodology and the essential job functions listed. Prior PBM or healthcare experience is helpful but not required.
· QA testing techniques used to test software applications (test suites and scripts), anomaly reporting, and software analysis.
· Excellent working knowledge in development and maintaining automated software tests with open-source and licensed tools (examples include Selenium, TestNG, Java, Maven, and SOAPUI),
· Excellent working knowledge of functional and system testing, "black box" and "white box" testing techniques; functional and system service testing.
· Excellent working knowledge of web services testing across distributed infrastructure
· Excellent working knowledge in testing across web browsers including configuration, cache, and debugging techniques with browser testing tools like HTTPWatch, FireBug, Wireshark, and Fiddler.
· Experience working with defect management and test management tools (examples: HP Quality Center, ClearQuest, Bugzilla).
· Experience with UNIX systems including knowledge of shell scripting, and some experience with perl, python, awk, or sed.
· Working knowledge in Oracle database (DB): structures and complex SQL for data validation
Key words for search in the order of importance
Automation Quality Assurance (QA); Automated Software Test; Selenium, Junit, TestNG, Java "Black Box" and "White Box" testing; Web Browser testing; Web services testing; Oracle; SQL