CloudFlare Business Development Representative - Technical in San Francisco, California
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal -- to help build a better internet. We believe that with our talented team, smart technology and engaged users we can solve some of the biggest problems on the web. We already serve more web traffic than Twitter, Bing, Wikipedia, Amazon, Apple and Instagram combined. Anytime we push a line of code, it affects hundreds of millions of web surfers overnight. We are still a small team, well-funded, growing quickly and focused on building a world-class company.
About the Role
This is a great opportunity to be an early member of a high performing sales team at a fast growing technology company. We are looking for ownership-oriented team members with excellent communication skills and technical curiosity. The Business Development Representative (BDR) program is a 12 to 18 month program in which you will:
• Create excellent customer experiences
• Learn customer-centric sales skills
• Become an expert in Cloudflare’s product
Upon successful completion of this program, team members have opportunities to move into roles across the organization, especially in mid-market sales, customer success, solutions engineering, and sales operations.
• Develop new business opportunities from inbound leads whose inquiries are technical
• Report, track, and manage sales activities and results using Salesforce.com
• Meet target quota related to: weekly call volume & outbound emails, number of qualified opportunities, value of sales pipeline, and closed business.
• Work cross-functionally with our customer support and solutions engineering team to ensure a seamless customer experience
• Technical background or significant technical aptitude
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit
• Comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic environment
• Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
• Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms
• Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
• Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of communication
We offer competitive salaries, a fantastic health benefits plan, new laptop, monthly CalTrain/BART pass and the opportunity to work with a smart, motivated team where you will see your contribution daily. You will receive mentorship and career development from senior members of the sales organization. Our sunny offices are based in SOMA in San Francisco, CA, right next to the San Francisco Giants ballpark.
Sound like somewhere you’d thrive? If so, then we’d love to hear from you. Send us your resume and a short paragraph introducing yourself.
Cloudflare is a security company. All prospective employees will be subject to an extensive background check.
Cloudflare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.