Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Financial Service Office: Advisory Senior Manager, Performance Improvement Financial Management
Location: CA-San Francisco
We currently are seeking a highly motivated Senior Manager to lead multiple client engagement teams, work with a wide variety of clients to deliver professional services, and lead business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts.
Ernst & Young's Financial Services Office (FSO) is a uniquely industry-focused business unit that provides a broad range of integrated services to financial institutions and other capital markets participants, including retail and mortgage banking, commercial banks, investment banks, broker-dealers, asset managers (traditional and alternative), insurance and energy trading companies, and other organizations.
Our Performance Improvement practice within the FSO helps clients better align their organizations' operating infrastructures with their strategies. We have a broad range of capabilities to assist clients with operational improvement, profitability management, finance function activities, and business integration. Our professionals focus on the assessment and redesign of business, risk, and control processes and the refinement of operating models. The goal is to support our clients' efforts to make their business units more effective and efficient and, where required, provide services in connection with the remediation and mitigation of process risk. Our experience is also important to the analysis of specific business requirements for alignment with technology architecture, technology infrastructure design, and vendor selection decisions.
The Performance Improvement-Finance Management Team works on projects that focus on the following, and candidates should have competencies in at least 2 of the 4 areas:
* Accounting Change: IFRS Implementation, BHC Reporting, Regulatory Reporting, Non-Performing Loan Accounting, Dodd-Frank Reporting, Product Control.
* Finance Transformation: Chart of Accounts Redesign, Finance Vision and Transformation, Finance Organization Effectiveness, Finance Operating Model Design, Finance Merger Integration and Carve Out, Procurement Reengineering, Process Reengineering/Transformation, Financial Statement Close/Accelerated Close, Shared Services Design, Shared Services Improvement, IPO Readiness.
* Performance Management: Expense Management, Planning and Forecasting, KPIs/Metrics/Scorecards, Analytics, Risk Based Reporting, Multi-Dimensional Reporting.
* Finance Technology: Financial Systems Architecture, Finance System Effectiveness, Data Governance/Management, Information Delivery and Reporting.
Ernst & Young FSO Advisory Services is a fast-moving, high-growth area with huge potential. It offers variety, challenge, responsibility and the opportunity to realize your leadership potential. Being a member of our FSO Advisory team means you will specialize in a particular competency within Risk, Performance Improvement, or Information Technology Advisory Services (ITAS).
The opportunity is now! If you are interested in being part of a dynamic team, serving clients and reaching your full potential, Ernst & Young Advisory Services is for you!
Lead large scale client engagements. Consistently deliver quality client services. Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Manage expectations of client service delivery. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business.
Effectively lead and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds. Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members. Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment. Play an active role in counseling and mentoring junior consultants within the organization.
Generate new business opportunities. Understand Ernst & Young and its service lines and actively assess and present ways to serve clients. Develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Develop relationships with team members across all Ernst & Young practices to serve client needs.
Demonstrate deep technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge. Possess in depth business acumen. Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
To qualify, candidates must have:
* a bachelor's degree and approximately 8 years of related work experience; or a master's degree and approximately 7 years of related work experience
* a degree in business, finance, accounting, computer science, engineering, or a related field; MBA or master's degree preferred
* a minimum of 6 years of experience working at a professional services firm, financial services company or comparable experience working as an advisor to a financial services company
* approximately 6 years of experience in the financial services industry, providing advisory services in the finance function and other operational areas that impact the finance function (e.g., General Ledger Reconciliations, Chart of Accounts Rationalization and Design, Close to Report; Cost Reduction Initiatives, Funds Transfer Pricing, Budgeting and Planning)
* approximately 6 years of experience in the financial services industry, providing advisory services in the finance
* experience with the design, development and implementation of internal controls for financial services business processes
* demonstrated record in driving revenue within existing clients at the "C" level of Fortune 500 companies
* experience in program management for large scale business transformation projects and programs
* ability to work collaboratively in a team environment (knows when to lead and when to follow)
* experience managing staff on multiple projects and providing direction to team members
* Strong analytical skills; specifically, the ability to assess and decompose (Insurance or Banking or AM industry) processes utilizing a risk and control focus
* a willingness to travel to meet client needs
* a valid driver's license in the US and a valid passport required; willingness and ability to travel internationally
* experience in Expense Management, Procurement, Procure to Pay, and/or Supply Chain along with the above experience in Finance Management would be a plus