CloudFlare HR Administrator in San Francisco, California
At CloudFlare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal -- to build a better web. We believe that with our talented team, smart technology and engaged users we can solve some of the biggest problems on the web. We already serve more web traffic than Twitter, Bing, Wikipedia, Amazon, Apple and Instagram combined. Anytime we push a line of code, it affects hundreds of millions of web surfers overnight. We are still a small team, well-funded, growing quickly and focused on building a world-class company.
About the role
The HR Administrator will be responsible for providing tactical, hands-on HR support. The ideal candidate must enjoy helping employees and have great knowledge of the benefits and payroll regulations. Success in the role will require a self-starter with a passion for working with a wide array of people and personalities, while able to administer the back-end functions of benefits and payroll.
• Answers employee questions about human resources policies and procedures, and refers to specialist as needed
• Handles all HR related documentation and administration including benefits enrollment, tax and 401k changes, etc. Ensures that related files are secure, and appropriately maintained
• Tracks all leaves, and ensures that employees and businesses alike create, and archive leave documentation as required
• Backs up other HR staff as required. Cross-trains on payroll, and benefits administration as possible to maximize staff flexibility
• Responds to managers and employees alike regarding policies, procedures, and processes.
• Ensures that all personnel files are managed within guidelines, that filing is up-to-date, and that files are maintained securely
• 3+ year's directly applicable human resources experience including employee relations, small-group training, and general HR administration.
• Experience in processing payroll & benefits administration is required.
• Should possess a basic understanding of US employment law, relevant statutes and guidelines, and best practices. Requires sufficient judgment to be able to escalate complex, or risky questions and issues to more senior staff for guidance or handling. Knowledge of leave administration guidelines and practices strongly desired but not required.
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Global HR experience a plus
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Degree in business, human resources, or a related field such as psychology is helpful
We offer competitive salaries, equity, fantastic health benefits plan, a new laptop, monthly CalTrain pass for commuters and the opportunity to work with a smart, motivated team where you will see your contribution daily. Our sunny offices are based in SOMA in San Francisco, CA.
Sound like somewhere you'd thrive? We'd love to hear from you. Submit your resume and two examples of your work.