CloudFlare Security Software Engineer in San Francisco, California
At CloudFlare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal -- to build a better Internet. We believe that with our talented team, smart technology and engaged users we can solve some of the biggest problems on the Web. Just how big?
• We handle more than 10% of the world’s web traffic • We have over 6 Terabit of network transit capacity • We serve more web traffic than Twitter, Amazon, Apple, Instagram, Bing, & Wikipedia combined • Anytime we push code, it immediately affects over 200 million web surfers. • Every day, more than 10,000 new customers sign-up for CloudFlare service • Every week, the average Internet user touches us more than 500 times • We serve data from over 80 points-of-presence around the world
We are still a small team, well-funded, growing quickly and focused on building a world-class company.
CloudFlare is looking for a talented Security Software Engineer to join our team. We are working on a number of ambitious projects to secure the web and protect our customers from threats of all sorts. At CloudFlare we deal with cryptography at scale, and tackle projects that shape the future of the Web.
The role of Security Software Engineer at CloudFlare is more that of a builder than a breaker. You will have to approach problems with creativity and flexibility and be able to identify and use the best tools for the job or build better ones from scratch. At CloudFlare, we are serious about protecting our customers and advancing the state of the art in computer security.
• Security background or education
• 5 years professional experience
• Experience working with cryptographic libraries and APIs
• Experience testing and deploying cryptographic tools
• Expertise in C/C++/Go and performance analysis
• Familiarity with SSL/TLS and x509
• Familiarity with compilers or code generation tools
• Interest in developing primarily in Golang
• Contributions to the open source community
• Experience writing key management software
• Experience with cryptographic hardware (TPM, HSM, etc.)
• Experience with distributed systems and microservices-based architectures
• Healthy sense of paranoia
We offer competitive salaries, fantastic health benefits plan, new laptop, monthly CalTrain pass and the opportunity to work with a smart, motivated team where you will see your contribution daily. Our sunny offices are based in SOMA in San Francisco, CA.
Sound like somewhere you’d thrive? We’d love to hear from you. Send us your resume and a short paragraph introducing yourself.
CloudFlare is a security company. All prospective employees will be subject to an extensive background check.
CloudFlare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.