CloudFlare Solutions Engineer (San Francisco) in San Francisco, California
At CloudFlare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal -- to build a better web. We believe that with our talented team, smart technology and engaged users we can solve some of the biggest problems on the web. We already serve more web traffic than Twitter, Bing, Wikipedia, Amazon, Apple and Instagram combined. Anytime we push a line of code, it affects over 200 million web surfers overnight. We are still a small team, well-funded, growing quickly and focused on building a world-class company.
You are the technical lynchpin through the entire sales cycle - pre and post sales. You will work closely with our Enterprise prospects and customers to educate, empower, and ensure their success on the CloudFlare platform. Your technical expertise in CloudFlare’s global distributed network and technology will allow you to find best-fit solutions for prospects, to train and onboard new customers in person and through documentation, and to support the long-term success of the customer. As a subject matter expert on web/mobile security and performance, you are a trusted source for developing new firewall rules from log files, crafting performance caching and delivery strategies, and creating or repurposing internal tools and scripts for customers.
As a Solutions Engineer, you are the technical customer advocate within CloudFlare. To aid your customers, you will work closely with every other team in CloudFlare: Sales, Success, Product, Technical Support, Technical Operations, Data, and Marketing. Your goal of customer success should drive you through the entire organization as you seek out and create scalable solutions for your customer’s needs.
Ultimately, you are passionate about technology and have a knack for explaining complex technical concepts in easy-to-understand terms. You are self-driven, naturally curious, and an avid builder who is not afraid to get your hands dirty. You appreciate the diversity and challenge of working with customers, and look forward to helping them realize the full promise of CloudFlare.
• Experience navigating and working with large Enterprise IT organizations
• Significant experience developing internet applications and/or hosting infrastructure architectures.
• Familiarity with Linux Understanding of DNS, IP, routing protocols, hosting infrastructure (load balancers, firewalls, IDS/P, etc)
• Experience with nginx, apache, and/or IIS
• Strong communication skills that allow you to be a bridge between customers and the engineering team
• Strong scripting & API experience or the desire to learn.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or related field
• Understanding of application, server, and network security
• Experience meeting regulatory requirements such as HIPAA or PCI
• Nice to have German, French, or Spanish language skills
• Consulting experience encouraged
We offer competitive salaries, a fantastic health benefits plan, new laptop, monthly CalTrain/BART pass and the opportunity to work with a smart, motivated team where you will see your contribution daily. Our sunny offices are based in SOMA in San Francisco, CA.
Sound like somewhere you’d thrive? We’d love to hear from you. Send us your resume and a short paragraph introducing yourself.
CloudFlare is a security company. All prospective employees will be subject to an extensive background check.
CloudFlare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.