IDC Research Director, IDC China Liaison in San Mateo, California
IDC, the premier global market intelligence firm, has a newly created role for an individual with knowledge of China technology markets to act as advocate/liaison with IDC China clients in the US. The successful candidate will be a results oriented senior market intelligence/product individual with direct experience in an IT industry leader, market research or a survey organization firm, who has worked in China, and/or understands the China market intrinsically. This position will be based in the *San Mateo, CA *office as the US representative of IDC China research.
The ideal candidate needs to be able to cultivates trust and credibility with IDC teams in the US and Asia Pacific, and maintain strong working relationships at all levels of the organization. The previous work experience in China in the ICT landscape desirable.
Interested individuals that meet the following minimum requirements are encourage to apply:
- 6 - 12 years’ job experience in a market research firm, a strategy division of an IT vendor, or a regional survey organization
- Experienced in providing advice on China research or strategy
- Good understanding of cultural challenges between China and US
- Resourceful when conducting research on China, especially on Chinese government policy and ability to put it into prospective related to the US companies.
- Deep understanding of current IT technology, specifically with sound knowledge and experienced on Cloud technology both from infrastructure and application perspective. Other IT package software (middleware, enterprise applications, apps store, business analytics...) and services (consulting, integration, outsourcing, managed & support services) will be an advantage.
- Highly analytical and comfortable with market metrics and an understanding of economic measures and concepts
- Experienced presenter in either the boardroom, events or as part of business development efforts
- Numerically inclined with strong writing skills, project management, MS Word, and PowerPoint
- Exposure to statistical programs or related research software advantageous; advanced Excel sills
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Chinese (Mandarin)
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.
Req Number: 16-0170
Posting Date: 10/21/2016
Title: Research Director, IDC China Liaison
Job Family: Research
City: San Mateo
Job Type: Full-Time
Career Level: Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)