Edmodo Technical Support Specialist in San Mateo California United States
Edmodo’s mission is to connect all learners with the people and resources they need to reach their full potential. On Edmodo, teachers are at the center of a powerful network that connects them to students, administrators, parents, and publishers. This network surfaces the world’s best resources and tools, providing the building blocks of a high quality education. In Edmodo’s secure environment, teachers and students can collaborate, share content, and use educational apps to augment in-classroom learning. These powerful capabilities enable teachers to personalize learning for every student. Edmodo is free for teachers and students and always will be. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, CA. Learn more atwww.edmodo.com.
About the Role
This Technical Specialist is responsible for the resolution of technical cases. This includes characterization of the incident, reproduction, diagnosis and analysis of the root cause. The ideal candidate will have experience with a fast paced, evolving product and have excellent prioritization and troubleshooting skills. The Technical Specialist will contribute to the team by suggesting specific feature requests, sharing engineering release information, and developing both the internal and external knowledge base on product functionality and best practices. The Technical Specialist on the Support Team is an expert of the Edmodo product.
* Have ownership over cases from start to finish including troubleshooting, communicating with the customer, and pulling in other teams.
* Reproduce and analyze cases to inform the engineering and QA teams processes
* Work closely with Engineering and Product teams to resolve cases or escalate if necessary
* Understand and become an expert in Edmodo with limited internal documentation
* Create processes for communicating important technical announcements with the team
* Provide clear and accurate support for customers in written and verbal form
* Prioritize, characterize and surface trends in troubleshooting cases
* Prepare analytical reports on cases
* Contribute to the knowledge base by writing articles on Edmodo functionality, workarounds and best practices.
* 4-6 years of previous experience working in a technical customer support team, preferably within a highly scaled, consumer facing web application startup
* Experience providing direct written customer support
* Working knowledge of current Windows and Mac Operating systems
* Ability to prioritize, manage, multi-task and initiate projects cross-functionally
* Ability to train teammates on complex topics in a simple manner
* Demonstration of strong troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills
* Works well in a team environment, is highly motivated to resolve customer concerns and maintains a positive attitude.
* Ability to think like a user”
* Knowledge of bug tracking software such as Pivotal Tracker a plus
* Understanding of browsers and Internet security best practices
* You have demonstrated passion and experience in K12 education
* You have worked in or with an IT department of a K12 school district
Working at Edmodo
At Edmodo, we are working together to create an environment that fosters learning and growth and encourages creativity, transparency, and diversity. Hear what it’s like to work at Edmodo, directly from the Edmodo team:http://www.jobs.edmodo.com
Edmodo offers a comprehensive compensation package, which includes the following benefits:
* Aetna Medical PPO 10, HMO 15, and HSA options
* Kaiser Medical PPO 30 Option
* Gaurdian Dental PPO
* VSP Vision PPO
* Short-term and long-term disability
* LIFE & AD&D
* Vanguard 401(K)
* Domestic partner coverage
* 10 paid holidays
* Vacation time off
* Wellness time off
* Organic catered daily food, snacks and drinks
* Paid public transportation and parking
The position is located in downtown San Mateo, minutes from the 101, 280, and 92 freeways.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.