Robert Half-Robert Half Management Resources Healthcare Director of Digital Marketing in San Ramon, California
Req ID: 154226
Join one of the World’s Most Admired Companies!
Founded in 1948, Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized staffing firm and the parent company of Protiviti, a global consulting firm. We offer our clients a full spectrum of specialized staffing and consulting solutions through our more than 400 locations in over 20 countries. Robert Half has appeared on FORTUNE® magazine’s list of “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998, as well as numerous “Best Place to Work” lists around the world.
Our corporate employees are the backbone of our operations and work with our teams around the world. Each employee at our corporate services locations plays a role in our company’s success.
If you want to make a difference — and work in an environment where you can thrive and innovate — apply for this job today!
Robert Half is seeking a Director of Digital Marketing to be a data-driven senior leadership role with ultimate accountability for the performance of roberthalf.com. The success of this leader is based upon their ability to build and lead a world-class digital marketing organization, deliver improved site traffic, SEO visibility, and leads, and achieve the end goal of generating more customers, and more business from existing customers. This highly experienced digital marketing and e-commerce native will lead the company's North American digital marketing strategy and activities, inclusive of natural and paid search, database marketing, marketing automation/closed loop marketing, performance advertising, customer (client/candidate) acquisition, conversion and retention, and digital marketing program optimization. This leader is responsible for generating revenue via the creation of inbound and outbound marketing programs, and delivering actionable leads that convert to new business or help retain and grow current business. Delivers ROI through the use of analytics and KPI reporting to optimize the performance of marketing and PR programs, working across functional teams (content, brand, PR, etc.) to shift resources and focus to programs that are most impactful across all phases of the customer lifecycle.
In partnership with the Director of Global Data Analytics and Customer Research & Insights, this individual will lead across the marketing and PR organization to build a culture of data-driven decision making, including increasing transparency and accountability for our website performance goals. This role will manage a multi-million dollar digital marketing budget consisting of paid search, digital performance advertising, job board/candidate acquisition partnerships. This role leads an extensive team of 9+ digital marketers and senior managers from a broad range of functions, including online/website management, conversion optimization, marketing automation, nurturing and other digital programs, candidate acquisition, paid search, performance and social advertising and analytics. Must be a hands-on, detail-oriented strategic leader who is highly focused on execution, operations and results delivery.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Holds ultimate accountability for roberthalf.com’s site performance, delivering continued, sequential growth in site traffic, organic traffic, SEO visibility, leads and conversion. In addition, has ultimate accountability for North American paid search, performance/digital advertising, social media amplification, candidate acquisition/job board and digital programming performance.
- Ensures site performance goals are well understood and adhered to across functional teams in marketing and PR, and that their activities (as it relates to all programming leveraging or touching the websites) contribute to those goals.
- Continually identify the strategies and tactics necessary for improving site performance, with the ultimate goal of generating more customers/leads. To do so, will leverage a range of teams (content marketing, performance advertising, digital programs, job board manager, etc.) in order to secure the necessary support/programming to achieve site goals. This includes making data and goal-informed decisions regarding what programming we need more, less or none of in order to achieve site performance goals.
- Has ultimate responsibility for determining what content or programming sits on or points to the site, keeping a firm eye on customer audiences, customer response and overall site performance.
- Must “audit” all proposed changes to the site to ensure they are on goal.
- Will be deeply involved in leading the implementation and delivery of any major site changes, initiatives and enhancements, including UXP/UI work. (Will collaborate with the Marketing Technology team on any changes to site infrastructure or functionality.)
- Responsible for conducting weekly “all hands” assessment of site performance, leveraging online management team as well as a hands-on view of our analytics tools such as Searchmetrics and Google Analytics. Tracks site performance, develops optimization strategies and directs implementation of those strategies by his or her team.
- Directs teams conducting A/B testing on division home pages and campaign landing pages to drive highest engagements in the form of phone calls, downloads and job board applications
- Leads the action of regular updates and improvements to the websites based on user data and feedback, and SEO optimization targets. His or her team will manage the optimization of all existing site content, including all metadata and request additional content, as needed, to achieve site performance goals, from the Content Marketing team.
- Leads the North American digital performance advertising team on the planning of digital performance advertising programs, campaigns and initiatives, developing the overall performance advertising agency. Will leverage/lead agency partners to do so.
- Leads all digital marketing programming efforts, ensuring that all programming is on goal and high-performing.
- Leads relationships with external agencies and vendors.
- Constantly improves own knowledge of online marketing and search trends and developments, and train team members.
- Leads a regular review of competitor’s online activities, website updates, job postings and industry updates.
- Working closely with a wide range of functional teams in Marketing and Corporate Communications, the position is responsible for raising the profile of Robert Half and its divisions online whilst maintaining the integrity of Robert Half’s corporate identity.
- Reduces broad concepts, business strategies and best practices into actionable digital marketing plans that deliver on organizational growth goals.
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the most effective and efficient support for the organization's digital marketing efforts, including leading a team of 9+ senior managers and marketers.
- Manages key external vendor and consultant relationships.
- Oversees North American paid search, performance advertising, and job board budgets.
- Collaborates with senior management to integrate digital marketing and demand generation strategies with related key enterprise goals.
- Will at all times keep marketing executive leadership team apprised of major site, search, advertising or candidate acquisition/job board performance developments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field required
- 10+ years in a digital marketing role, 7 years of people management experience
- E-commerce experience preferred
- Experience in professional or business services, candidate acquisition/job board or staffing industries preferred
- Must be a hands-on, detail-oriented strategic leader who is highly focused on execution, operations and results delivery.
- Extensive experience in a wide range of digital marketing disciplines, including marketing automation, SEO/SEM, web development, content, digital/performance advertising, mobile and social
- Proven experience leading an e-commerce and multi-discipline digital marketing function
- Expert-level understanding of the marketing/sales funnel, and how to pull prospects through the funnel stages towards conversion.
- Experience using online CMS systems, ideally Drupal, and HTML experience
- Experience with marketing automation systems, such as Eloqua, and leading marketing automation programming and strategy (nurturing, drip, etc.)
- Strong digital analytics skills and experience with Google Analytics; experience with Searchmetrics or similar tool a plus; exceptional ability to draw conclusions from data and act upon them
- Natural aptitude for learning new technologies and tools, and a leader with an “early adopter” mentality
- Strong project management skills and excellent attention to details/accuracy
- Agency management experience
- Excellent people leadership and development experience, including the ability to identify and attract world-class talent, train/develop employees and ensure the team is on the “cutting edge” of online marketing
- Collaborative and capable of breaking down silos so that all teams and departments can contribute to our success
- Exceptional ability to communicate and influence
- Extensive budget management experience
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to:
- Corporate StaffingRobert Half2613 Camino RamonSan Ramon, CA 94583-9128