Robert Half-Robert Half Management Resources Healthcare Principal Cloud Security Engineer in San Ramon, California
Req ID: 155462
Join one of the World’s Most Admired Companies!
Robert Half is hiring!! Not only do we place the best candidate into the job of their dreams…we also employ them!! Are you a technical expert in the Information Security world interested in being a critical element to securing the latest in cloud technologies? If so…let’s talk!!
Working directly with other technical innovators you will have the opportunity to develop, deliver and manage secure practices and solutions that impact the continued positive growth of a $5 Billion company!
Founded in 1948, Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized staffing firm and the parent company of Protiviti, a global consulting firm. We offer our clients a full spectrum of specialized staffing and consulting solutions through our more than 400 locations in over 20 countries. Robert Half has appeared on FORTUNE® magazine’s list of “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998, as well as numerous “Best Place to Work” lists around the world.
Our corporate employees are the backbone of our operations and work with our teams around the world. Each employee at our corporate services locations plays a role in our company’s success.
If you have a background in technology and want to work in an environment where you can thrive and innovate, please consider Robert Half.
Watch this video to learn more about working in IT at Robert Half and apply for this job today!
As a Security Engineer Principal , your specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop architectural security standards and best practices documentation required to support the security program globally.
- Support team and vendors in developing a secure solution to support business needs and to provide security review and certification to ensure best practice and quality delivery of all technical solution that meet security requirements.
- Provide timely and relevant metrics on security matters to develop security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures.
- Provide subject matter expertise in hardware, software and application security principles
- Collaborate with development teams to carry out Application Security Reviews and conduct penetration testing where appropriate.
- Leverage application security assessment tools to identify deficiencies and suggest more secure coding techniques.
- Analyze application code and clearly articulate recommend fixes to address deficiencies.
- Proficiently develop solutions in various languages, such as Java, Net, C/C++, PERL, and alike
- Provide expert advice and consultancy to internal customers on risk assessment, threat modeling and fixing vulnerabilities.
- Be able to articulate, vulnerabilities, application defects, technical controls, risks, and other complex security matters with the Business in a manner that can easily be understood.
- Take the lead in providing consultancy to external projects of larger size. Lead team and vendors to develop a secure solution to support business needs and to provide security review and certification to ensure best practice and quality delivery of all technical solution that meet security requirements.
- Assess and update internal project engagement methodology and process to better align with the SDLC.
- Research Robert Half’s specific threat issues through threat modeling and counter intelligence profiles to determine and define appropriate technical protection standards.
- Carry out acquisition and vendor technical risk assessment due diligence.
- Involved in the evaluation of products and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness.
- Play a critical role in the technical coordination and remediation of any needed incident response activities required during a Security Incident Response event.
- Working with your peers develop and maintain an effective security analytics platform using tools such as Hadoop and/or Splunk to provide better security intelligence.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of professional experience in security analysis, development, engineering, and support in a large corporate setting, including: 5+ years of experience mentoring and leading security engineers
- CISSP and or CISA required and other security-focused certifications a plus (CCSP, CEH, AWS, etc.)
- Experience working in a SCRUM Methodology
- Experience working in proof-of-concept based and exploratory product developmentExperience with various full cycle software development methodologies, tools, and practices
- Experience as a primary technical lead in Incident Response, to include a deep understanding and working knowledge of forensics and root cause analysis
- Experience with securing cloud-based technology deployments and service offerings, to include SaaS, IaaS, PaaS
- Experience with evaluating application code and ensuring secure coding practices
- Experience as a primary technical lead in large security initiatives, to include all phases of a project's lifecycle
- Solid expertise with multiple Operating Systems, to include: Unix, Windows
- Extensive working knowledge and experience working with cloud based solutions and environments (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS)
- Security related technologies and solutions (firewalls, IPS, WIDS, WAF, SIEM, DLP, RMS, vulnerability scanner, web proxy, endpoint security, etc); Advanced Network Security experience is required
- Ability to communicate in-depth business processes to technical resources
- Ability to create very complex process flow diagrams or flowcharts that demonstrate business or system process flow
- Working experience and understanding of the SDLC
- Working knowledge and direct experience managing complex security issues
- Ability to gather, combine and document requirements effectively to propose secure solutions
- Ability to perform fit/gap analysis based on requirements, create detailed and complex test plans and prioritize job responsibilities
- Ability to write very complex queries and reports
- Ability to develop and manage multiple enterprise-wide project plans, meeting established deliverables and timelines
- Ability to create thorough and complex documentation and facilitate, conduct meetings, gather information and present status
- Ability to use good judgment and think outside the box in addressing unique information security challenges
- Ability to make sense of large security data sets using creative and out of the box thinking (Data Analytics experience)
- Ability to think independently and in team setting to ensure security issues are addressed in a manner consistent with security principles in mind
- Possess a security mindset and help instill in other team members. Assess challenges within the concept of overall organizational risk
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to:
- Corporate StaffingRobert Half2613 Camino RamonSan Ramon, CA 94583-9128