Robert Half-Robert Half Management Resources Healthcare Sr Instructional Designer in San Ramon, California
Req ID: 151921
Join one of the World’s Most Admired Companies!
Founded in 1948, Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized staffing firm and the parent company of Protiviti, a global consulting firm. We offer our clients a full spectrum of specialized staffing and consulting solutions through our more than 400 locations in over 20 countries. Robert Half has appeared on FORTUNE® magazine’s list of “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998, as well as numerous “Best Place to Work” lists around the world.
Our corporate employees are the backbone of our operations and work with our teams around the world. Each employee at our corporate services locations plays a role in our company’s success.
If you want to make a difference — and work in an environment where you can thrive and innovate — apply for this job today!
Robert Half is seeking a Sr. Instructional Designer will be responsible for managing and developing instructional design projects and programs for International Audiences. Working under the direction of the Manager of Multi-Media Training Programs, the incumbent will assess business needs and root causes with internal clients and develop comprehensive, creative organizational effectiveness and instructional design approaches. The individual will also be a participant in the development of strategies for the enhancement of instructional design capabilities to achieve truly world-class status in meeting Robert Half’s global Staff Development needs. ***This is a contract to hire position***
Specific responsibilities include:
- Using solid adult learning principles, design and develop leading-edge, creative, and highly engaging learning interventions, including storyboards and outlines, integration between live and online learning, immersive linear and non-linear e-learning design, specialized visual models and graphics, learner skill and knowledge tests, narration scripting, sound recording and integration, programs that conform to SCORM and other technology standards, announcement and communication approaches. Where necessary, conduct additional work to gain acceptance of programs for continuing education credits (such as CPE) from external agencies.
- When external resources are needed, help specify exact requirements and participate in the selection process, including recommending vendors, reviewing candidates, and making purchase recommendations. May also be responsible for day-to-day management of external or internal resources for assigned projects.
- Develop strong relationships with key internal clients to enhance long-term communication, effectiveness, and understanding of end-client value propositions. Collaborate with key stakeholders such as Managing Directors and Senior Consultants, as well as leaders within Staff Development and Operational Support teams. Develop a network of contacts, particularly those that directly support training development and delivery, such as Travel and Events.
- Develop extensive organization knowledge to be able to tap resources, collaborate, and share best practices throughout all organization enhancement functions throughout Robert Half. Become highly conversant in International and other major business processes for internal clients.
- Support Robert Half’s overall staff development efforts by developing or participating in the development new instructional design and delivery capabilities, such as social media, simulations, gamification, and peer-contributed knowledge bases.
- As assigned, serve as a representative for International L&D team and Staff Development on a range of internal and external committees, organizations, and task forces.
- Stay abreast of learning trends such as new technologies, standards, regulatory changes, internal and external workforce dynamics, international trends as they relate to Robert Half, performance trends and development programs to proactively recommend interventions aligned with the strategic plans and business targets for Protiviti, Staff Development, Operational Support, and the entire Robert Half organization.
- Act as a point of contact for instructional design requests from key business, conducting a thorough review of requests and framing them to recommend the appropriate responses, including online and live learning methodologies, as well as organizational effectiveness approaches, such as organization or job redesign, new on-the-job learning methods, change management and communication plans.
- Develop and manage small- and large-scale instructional design projects, including all details, such as purpose, business objectives, learning objectives, project timetable milestones (and go/no-go points), team member roles and responsibilities, resources required, service level agreements, budget, rollout plans (including piloting, refresh, and sunseting), follow-up and project evaluation plans, reports, and review and approval cycles.
- Collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data to develop fact-based recommendations, as well as progress and success measurement approaches.
- Ensure that all interventions are aligned closely with the products and services that exist or are being developed by other groups within Staff Development.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree (or Ph.D.) in instructional design, performance improvement, or related field preferred.
- Required proficiency – master level: At least one e-learning authoring software application, such as Articulate Storyline; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Desirable experience/proficiency: Xyleme LCMS; Cornerstone and LearnLive LMSs; SharePoint; HTML authoring tools; Adobe Suite or CC; MS Visio, Project, OneNote, Lync; podcast software; HTML authoring software. Work experience in business consulting industry.
- Minimum of 10 years practical work experience designing, developing, and implementing online learning interventions, from client interaction and needs specification, to production delivery and evaluation.
- Demonstrated effective project management and execution skills; can shape project details and drive multiple projects with a high level of timeliness and quality in deliverables.
- Experience partnering and collaborating with organizations on small- and large- scale projects, including leading teams of multiple levels of management and individual contributor participants.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate team meetings and conduct effective and productive discussions with clients, stakeholders, subject matter experts, and development team members.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical abilities to identify and frame issues, synthesize information and draw insightful conclusions. Attention to detail, including the ability to analyze information from a variety of sources to track and report data.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills including being adept at making formal and informal presentations.
- Experience identifying, selecting and managing external services desirable.
- Flexible and adaptable to change, comfortable with ambiguity and a demonstrated ability for self-management.
- Experience working with International clients and SMEs.
- Experience designing and developing training programs for international audiences.
- Bilingual/Multilingual a plus.
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to:
- Corporate StaffingRobert Half2613 Camino RamonSan Ramon, CA 94583-9128