HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director – Rehabilitation Services in Sanford, Florida
Central Florida Regional Hospital, a 221-bed acute care hospital, serves the communities of Seminole and west Volusia counties. The hospital provides the only full-service cardiovascular program in Seminole and west Volusia, including open heart surgery , interventional cardiology , electrophysiology , cardiac rehabilitation and comprehensive diagnostic services . Other specialized services include orthopedic and spine care , robotic surgery , wound care , acute inpatient medical rehabilitation , complete imaging services and The Baby Suites . Central Florida Regional Hospital is located 3.6 miles east of I-4 between S.R. 46 and Highway 17-92 in Sanford. The hospital has been designated a provisional Level II trauma center and provides 24/7 emergency care both in Sanford and at Oviedo ER , a department of Central Florida Regional Hospital, located at 8300 Red Bug Lake Road.
Director – Rehabilitation Services Central Florida Regional Hospital seeks a Director to lead our Rehabilitation Services. The ideal candidate will be one with an understanding that we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we will strive to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare in the communities we serve. You are expected to smile! Additional responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Provides leadership of the PT/Rehabilitative Services function, clinical services and programs. Ensures the selection, retention and assignment of competent workforce to ensure effective delivery of departmental services. Demonstrates accountability for maintaining and monitoring utilization of resources, physical space, equipment, department protocols, standards, policies, and practices.
- Demonstrates twenty four hour responsibility and accountability for practice, quality of care and services within assigned department.
- Ensures provision of quality services by maintaining appropriate resources, staffing levels, competency of staff, maintenance/ and performance of equipment, instrumentation calibration, physical space, and training and education of staff.
- Ensures patient assessment and therapy is appropriate, accurate and patient specific. Ensures documentation of care is timely, accurate, and complete.
- Continually applies the principles of continuous quality improvement through monitoring, measuring, assessing, and reporting quality indicators/trends to improve patient outcomes or prevent patient injury.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability to ensure that the department is compliance with all legal, regulatory and accrediting agencies, i.e., JCAHO requirements. Ensures department documents IP/OP changes and reports billing in accordance with HCA Guidelines.
- Ensures department contributes to continuity of care through demonstrated use of interdisciplinary team approach to patient care. Collaborates, shares pertinent patient information with physicians, patients, and other appropriate members of the healthcare team regarding patient progress/treatment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system and reports trends in occurrences to staff quarterly. This information is used to improve patient safety. Addresses patient safety in the Performance Improvement Plan.
- Ensures staff is educated on established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care, which result in patient harm.
- Demonstrates and promotes a positive customer service attitude, which encourages quality patient care and enhances the image/reputation of the facility.
- Demonstrates and promotes a culture of recognizing diversity and valuing individual strengths.
- Personal/professional conduct reinforces Company's values and promotes Code of Conduct. Demonstrates ethical and compliance principles in her/his daily activities.
- The leader meets his/her leadership obligations under the Ethics and Compliance program.
Education: Master's Degree in healthcare administration or related field required.
Experience: Minimum of five years healthcare management experience in rehabilitation or acute care with rehabilitation responsibility required. Knowledge of State, Federal, and local regulations and guidelines pertaining to rehabilitation services.
- Current FL State licensure in clinical field.
- Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) required
Current PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) required
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus.
Skills: Organizational, Verbal/Follow verbal instructions, Interpersonal, Customer Relations, Mathematical, Analytical, Grammar/Spelling, Read/Comprehend/Follow written instructions, excellent communication skills, Management and Planning skills. Computer skills.
Title: Director – Rehabilitation Services
Location: Florida-Sanford-Central Florida Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 00327-6506