PHNS Cancer Tumor Registar in Santa Monica, California
TitleCancer Tumor Registar
Description• PositionSupport all efforts to successfully meet ACOS standards as well as State Regulations.
• Actively prepare for and support the hospital through COC survey preparation and the survey process.
• Generate statistical and analytic reports for utilization by the organization for research, marketing and planning.
• Attend all cancer program related meetings
• Perform all registry duties; abstracting, case finding and follow up
Requirements• Active CTR credential, RHIT or RHIA preferred
• 5+ years experience in a supervisory or lead role in an ACOS/COC accredited facility.
• 2+ years of abstracting experience in an ACOS/COC accredited facility.
• ACOS/COC survey preparation and extensive knowledge of current COC Cancer Program Standards, RQRS, CQIP, CP3R, abstracting, case identification, follow-up, and multiple EMR and Cancer Registry software systems.
• Understanding of statistical analysis report generation and interpretation.