HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Registered Nurse Ortho Oncology - FT Days - Doctors Hospital, Sarasota Florida in Sarasota, Florida
Are you looking for a rewarding career as a Registered Nurse? Become part of an awarding team of Registered Nurse here at Doctor’s Hospital of Sarasota. Doctor's Hospital of Sarasota is currently seeking a Registered Nurse for the Ortho/Oncology Department. This Registered Nurse position is a full time day, rotating weekend position for a Registered Nurse. We have a dynamic team of Registered Nurse on staff and we are currently looking to add an additional Registered Nurse to the team. Our team of Registered Nurse take pride in nursing. Did you know that Doctor's Hospital of Sarasota has been named in Modern Healthcare as a Top 100 Places to Work? Become a part of our team of Registered Nurse today.
Founded in 1967, Doctors Hospital of Sarasota is a 155-bed facility located in the heart of Sarasota County, Florida. Doctors Hospital of Sarasota (DHoS) is part of the HCA North/West Florida Division of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in North, West and Central Florida & Georgia communities. Our parent company, HCA, is the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services.
In addition to being named among the Top 100 in the nation by Thomson Reuters, Doctors Hospital received the Everest Award for being both a 100 Top Hospital current performance winner and one of the 100 most improved hospitals on their five-year trend performance. DHoS has also been repeatedly named among the Top 101 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs by Becker’s Hospital Review.
OurOrthopedic & Oncology Departmentis a 44-bed unit, offering exceptional care for the patients we serve. Our Ortho/Oncology patient mix is typically 90% orthopedics, 5% oncology, and 5% general medical. The majority of the patients cared for in this unit are scheduled surgical cases. Our Registered Nurse take pride in nursing.
- Skill Mix: Registered Nurse, RN, Unit Secretary, CNA, Student Nurse
- Major Equipment Used: IV pumps, IVAC, Dinamaps, Dopplers, Lifting Equipment, Accu-Check, Accu-Dose, Crash Cart
- Telemetry monitoring is available for Med/Surg patients as needed (remotely monitored from PCU)
- Orthopedic procedures offered: Anterior/Posterior Hip Replacement, Total/Partial Knee Replacement, Knee Arthroscopy, Kyphoplasty, and Laminectomy. (For further information about our Ortho/Spine Services offered, please visit our website athttp://www.doctorsofsarasota.com/and select the Ortho & Spine link.)
- Oncology treatment/procedures offered: Medical Oncology, Surgery, Chemotherapy, Pain Management, Hospice Care, Cancer Registry, Social Services, Religious Support, Nutritional Support, Support Groups, and Cancer Education. (For futher information about our Oncology Services, please visit our website athttp://www.doctorsofsarasota.com/and select the Cancer Care link under A-Z Services.)
- Special Certifications Needed: BLS through the American Heart Association; ACLS preferred; National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification required – available online athttp://www.strokeassociation.org/. National Certification for RNs in Orthopedics &/or Oncology preferred.
- Schedules: 12-hour shifts (0700-1930, 1900-0730); Full Time is considered 36 hours per week, including every other weekend; overtime available, but not mandatory; Self-scheduling is available
- Dress code: Professional scrubs (individual provides their own)
- Designated Charge Nurse who does not typically take an assignment on the day shift
- Lifting equipment available: Opera, Encore, Maxislides, Z-slides
At HCA North, West, Central Florida’s and Georgia’s 33 hospitals we’re not just caregivers, we’re devoted to caring. Located on the entire Gulf Coast of Florida, in Orlando and Georgia, we’re on a journey to reach new heights in service excellence for our patients. As an integral part of the nation’s largest healthcare system with more than 30,000 healthcare professionals on our team, we foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow while experiencing the latest technology, enthusiastic coworkers and great benefits all in an upscale resort-like community. / / Make excellence your goal by joining Doctors Hospital of Sarasota team of Registered Nurse. To learn more about our Registered Nurse positions and to apply, go to www.DoctorsofSarasota.com .
- Current licensure as an RN in the State of Florida.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider through the American Heart Association.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Prior nursing background in post-surgical/ortho and oncology care preferred.
- National certification in orthopedic nursing &/or oncology nursing desired.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds. Make excellence your goal by joining our family of hospitals. To learn more and to apply, go tohttp://www.morecareerchoices.com/. EOE
Title: RN Registered Nurse Ortho Oncology - FT Days - Doctors Hospital, Sarasota Florida
Location: Florida-Sarasota-Doctors Hospital - Sarasota
Requisition ID: 01147-3200