BASF Production/Maintenance Coordinator in Savannah, Georgia
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Production/Maintenance Coordinator to join our Operations Team to be responsible for providing operations oversight and coordination of the maintenance activities and production services for the Savannah Plant.
Production/Maintenance Coordinator (1603271)
You will be the primary interface for Operations interacting with the maintenance personnel and engineering by approving, prioritizing, and scheduling work notifications. You will also obtain non-maintenance services required by operations and be accountable for ensuring the safety and efficacy of these service personnel while onsite. You will serve as the primary labor scheduler for production operations personnel.
Formula for Success: You Will…
• Provide overall management of maintenance and operations work orders including creation (as needed), prioritization, release, review of plan and closure. Requisitions, schedules, and coordinates the non-maintenance operational services and related procurement for such activities as industrial cleaning, leak repairs, bag house bag changes, grounds maintenance, etc.
• Manage and oversee the safe work practices and programs for all operational services personnel, typically non-maintenance production services contractors.
• Develop and communicate the weekly Production Labor schedule for optimal labor costs, production, maintenance and other demands
• Approve and prioritize maintenance work notifications in SAP to ensure that maintenance is properly directed toward the goals of plant reliability and availability in a cost effective, productive manner.
• Eliminate unnecessary or redundant work and for managing the backlog of approved work.
• Prioritize work so as to balance activity and resource demands between the plant within operations and works with TES and Operations team leaders to obtain additional resources for temporary needs.
• Communicate daily with the Production Leaders and Shift Supervisors to clarify work priorities and to react to schedule breakers, and then coordinates with the TES team leaders and engineers as appropriate to make necessary schedule adjustments.
• Maintain continuity of on-going work between shifts, by tracking progress and communicating status with operations personnel, and recommending appropriate actions.
• Provide input to work planning, especially with respect to multi-craft jobs and/or complex task sequences.
• Assist the TES leadership in the development of the maintenance budgets, and assists in controlling spending through appropriate tracking, forecasting, and adjustments.
• Provide troubleshooting support to operations personnel as needed, and works with various departments as required to obtain technical and procurement support.
• Participate in root cause failure analyses and in corrective actions for bad actors.
• Coordinate, plan and implement maintenance and capital activities during outages and for turnarounds.
• Contribute to proper documentation of files, records, databases, and drawings to meet regulatory and BASF requirements, and complies with current requirements as to equipment/materials specifications and vendor preferences.
• Support and implement continuous improvement programs to improve and enhance production contractor safety performance.
• Support and implement continuous improvements to the maintenance work processes in order to enhance plant availability and reduce the plant repair factor.
• Develop and implement continuous improvements to the labor scheduling process in order to enhance labor expense, employee relations, and operational efficiency.
• Seek compliance with all environmental, safety, and health requirements, and promotes a safe working environment and provides input to engineering on performance of the mechanical and industrial teams.
- Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
·High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of 5 years operational and/or maintenance experience (or equivalent) in a manufacturing environment.
·Detailed understanding of equipment and overall plant manufacturing processes as well as familiarity with environmental, safety, and health procedures and issues.
·Proven understanding of mechanical and instrument equipment and their maintenance, mechanical integrity, and the inspection process.
·Familiarity with maintenance programs, work processes and best practices.
·Technical competencies of troubleshooting, root cause failure analysis, general computer skills, work planning and estimating.
·Familiarity with Technical standards, procurement policies, material control/expediting, estimating tools, and the project execution process, as well as site and plant procedures.
·Able to read piping and instrumentation drawings, engineering specifications & drawings, and vendor-supplied information.
- User knowledge of SAP maintenance functions preferred.
- 5 years of Supervisory experience (or equivalent) preferred.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: G-CCP-Process Catalysts
Title: Production/Maintenance Coordinator
Requisition ID: 1603271