Associated Recreation Council (ARC Seattle) Human Resources Director in Seattle, Washington
The Associated Recreation Council is looking for a passionate and driven individual to fulfill the role of Human Resources Director. The Human Resources Director is responsible for the overall HR strategy to ensure the department is in alignment with the mission, vision and values of the Associated Recreation Council. We expect this person to partner with the Executive Leadership team and the HR team to accomplish the strategic goals of the organization. This position will create and provide HR support, which is both tactical and strategic and work as a collaborative partner with all employees, managers and as a leader of the Human Resource Department.
- Align the organization’s policies, procedures, and practices to the overall strategic initiative of the company
- Provide consultation and recommendations to the Executive leadership team regarding compensation, employee relations, engagement, retention, and strategies
- Develop compensation, employee relations, engagement, retention, and overall HR strategies for the organization
- Communicate changes in the organization’s policies and procedures and ensures proper compliance is followed
- Supervise the staff of the Human Resources department
- Will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with Seattle Parks and Recreation leadership team to meet the needs of the communities that are served
- Strong presentation skills and executive presence with ability to interact with the board, advisory council members and community partners
- Experience and passion for implementing high-quality, value-added, proactive HR strategies
- Directs the planning, development, implementation, administration and budgeting of the human resource functions
- Participates on committees, implements special projects, and seeks additional responsibilities as needed
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible HR business partnership experience with 5 years in a leadership role
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience leading an HR team
- BS/BA degree in Human Resources Management, Business or related discipline, or equivalent work experience (SPHR, SHRM-SCP, or Master’s Degree preferred)
- Have worked within a multi-site organization
- Non-profit company experience preferred but not required
This is a full-time, exempt, benefited position.
Please apply with your cover letter, resume and an example of an HR project or strategy you may have implemented.
This position is open to all candidates that meet the minimum qualifications. ARC is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer and values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. ARC encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse life experiences.
*Position opened until filled. Applications are reviewed as soon as it is received. *
Location: ARC offices- Densmore Building(Greenlake area)
Job Code: 1756
# of openings: 1