Convergys Customer Service in Sergeant Bluff, Iowa
The customer service position will provide support to customers via inbound calls for the purpose of resolving account problems and queries from customers. Common support will include updating information, verifying details on accounts and general customer support.
Full time customer service positions available with paid training, office environment, and a bonus!
Customer Support Associate II
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to handle and respond to constant inbound phone calls via telephone
- Inbound calls from US and Canada PayPal customers, New Member Welcome Calls and finical questions
• Assist prospective customers with all processes in connection with PayPal’s back office Risk Operations teams. (Explaining to the customer why their transaction will not be processed)
• Research and resolve inquiries verbally.
• Provide feedback to management regarding necessary changes and updates; including policies, upgrades, and customer care issues.
• Attend Service Provider-provided OFAC, banking system training and Sexual Harassment training and be in compliance with all regulations applicable to Service Provider.
• Responsible for attending ongoing training.
• Special projects/related duties as assigned by management and may vary depending on customer needs.
• Decisions the incumbent will make concerning fee reversals, funds recovery, restricting or unrestricting an account, and closing accounts will be made in accordance with the Training Materials which may including consulting a Supervisor or Sr. Agent.
• Ability to learn and adapt to new software technologies
• Strong working knowledge of PC-based internet and software applications, using multiple application to assist and tracks customer inquiries. Along with using dual monitors
• Well-developed sense of urgency and follow through.
• Fluency in the language of the Market being supported and English- language test is applicable (minimum score: 90%)
• Maintain and promote a positive attitude while meeting productivity goals.
Education & Professional Certifications:
• High School diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred.
Must be 18 years of age or older
Minimum of 6 months customer service experience. However, one-year experience working in a high-volume call center is a plus.
Be able to pass a background check that includes criminal background check, and drug screen
Currently resides in the United States within WAH hiring state.
Knowledge of basic computer operations and Web based tools. Ability to use dual screens
Stable work history.
Able to rotate shifts, as business needs arise.
Ability and willingness to learn.
Strong positive customer service orientated.
Dependable with proficient attention to detail.
Excellent listening and responding skills.
Financial background preferred
Customer service skill and ability to adapt to customer situations, to include listening skills , ability to empathize, analyze, and resolve customer issue, deescalate situation and taking ownership of customer satisfaction.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel working within this job title.
USA, Sergeant Bluff, IA
Who We Are
At Convergys, our mission is to set the standard in our industry through unparalleled care for our clients, customers & people.
For our clients, this means our 125,000 team members wake up every day united by a common goal: helping our clients maintain exceptional relationships with their customers.
For our people, this means a commitment to each other to accomplish great things, build careers, and have some fun along the way!
Build Your Career With Convergys
When you become part of our team, you join 125,000 talented people around the world who represent some of today’s leading brands. At Convergys, one of our values is to "Grow As a Team." It's in our DNA to prioritize teamwork and develop our people. By working together, we achieve great things for clients and create opportunities to build rewarding careers. You can be part of that when you join our team. And it's all at your fingertips!
Watch the video below to hear from some of our employees around the world as they talk about what it means to be part of the Convergys team.
Convergys has careers available in 31 countries at 150+ locations.
Establish your career with a company that has locations across the world. You can grow personally and professionally - and make a difference for customers and for the communities where we live and work.