Ally Financial Financial Services Specialist - Chapter 13 in Shoreview, Minnesota
Sep 27, 2016
If you enjoy a fast paced environment where every call is an opportunity to problem-solve, then this is the right opportunity for you! You'll be helping our customers while working in a close-knit team environment. Every call is an opportunity for you to use your negotiating and relationship building skills to partner with customers and help reduce potential losses. As a Financial Services Specialist in our bankruptcy and litigation center you will be responsible for administering and servicing a portfolio of accounts throughout the lifespan of a bankruptcy.
Strong customer service skills are a necessity as you will work directly with customers and attorneys involved in the bankruptcy process. In the Financial Services Specialist role, you are empowered to negotiate and use your critical thinking skills in manner that directly results in dollars lost or recovered for Ally. While change acceptance and adherence to metrics are keys to success, having fun and maintaining a positive attitude is required. Visit www.ally.com to learn more.
Responsible for handling routine functions to support the operation and/or a portfolio of customer accounts involved in a bankruptcy by responding to calls, concerns, and correspondence. Updates loan bankruptcy information with all relevant information in various proprietary computer applications. Ensures Ally interests are secured. May negotiate to recover secured and unsecured balances. Adheres to established guidelines when determining appropriate next action steps. Continually learns the functions of the department to effectively perform the job and meet the goals and objectives of the business unit.
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Handle accounts with speed and accuracy while maintaining professionalism
- Complete phone calls to meet required performance standards
- Meet metrics and strive to exceed those metrics
- Confirm payment or negotiate payment arrangements; research any discrepancies
- Stays informed of changes in policy and procedures
- Must maintain strict confidentiality
- Willing to work flexible schedules, weekends, and overtime as necessary to meet business needs
- Escalate more complex or difficult issues to higher level
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior experience in financial services or similar industry preferred. Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree in business or related may be used as a proxy for the experience.
- Excellent listening, oral - written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Professional phone etiquette
- Persuasive negotiation skills
- Microsoft Windows and Internet-based applications experience required
- Basic typing/data entry skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Performance Measurements may include:
- Meet required metric standards monthly
- Daily Scorecard
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally Servicing is part of Ally's Dealer Financial Services business and is a leading auto finance customer service organization with a portfolio of 4 million accounts. Ally is a full spectrum auto servicing organization including value streams from customer care to remarketing, and many support areas. It is a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative working environment. Our employees are focused on consistently delivering a superior customer experience.
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6123
POSITION LEVEL: Entry Level
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Minnesota (Shoreview)