Ally Financial Financial Services Specialist - Post-Bankruptcy in Shoreview, Minnesota
Sep 13, 2016
If you are calm, cool and collected (no pun intended) no matter what and nothing gets under your skin, then this is the right opportunity for you! You'll be helping our customers while working in a fun team environment. You'll go home feeling like you made a difference. As an Asset Recovery Collector, you'll spend your day talking with customers over the phone reminding them about late or missed payments as well as getting the facts about the reasons for delinquency, helping customers find solutions to bring their account current and negotiating payment resolutions. Every call is an opportunity for you to use your negotiating and relationship building skills to partner with customers and building lasting business relationships. With three Collections Centers in the U.S., the Collections team is responsible for collecting on past due auto accounts. The team receives extensive training with an emphasis on compliance, and negotiating and selling skills to ensure collection routines are consistent and based on industry best practices. Visit http://www.ally.com/about/careers/ to learn more. Primarily responsible for collecting excess wear and mileage charges on SmartLease and Smartbuy accounts within company guidelines. Contacts customers to obtain payment commitment. Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures are met when serving customer needs. Responds with accurate information using professionalism and integrity. Uses company standard protocols to determine when to make exceptions to the guidelines. Requests assistance from a supervisor whenever necessary.
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Handle accounts with speed and accuracy while maintaining professionalism
- Complete phone calls to meet required performance standards
- Meet metrics and strive to exceed those metrics
- Confirm payment or negotiate payment arrangements; research any discrepancies
- Stays informed of changes in policy and procedures
- Must maintain strict confidentiality
- Willing to work flexible schedules, weekends, and overtime as necessary to meet business needs
- Escalate more complex or difficult issues to higher level
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior experience in financial services or similar industry preferred. Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree in business or related may be used as a proxy for the experience.
- Excellent listening, oral - written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Professional phone etiquette
- Persuasive negotiation skills
- Microsoft Windows and Internet-based applications experience required
- Basic typing/data entry skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Performance Measurements may include:
- Meet required metric standards monthly
- Daily Scorecard
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally Servicing is part of Ally's Dealer Financial Services business and is a leading auto finance customer service organization with a portfolio of 4 million accounts. Ally is a full spectrum auto servicing organization including value streams from customer care to remarketing, and many support areas. It is a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative working environment. Our employees are focused on consistently delivering a superior customer experience.
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6096
POSITION LEVEL: Entry Level
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Minnesota (Shoreview)