SAP Cloud Partner Sales Job in Singapore, Singapore
Requisition ID: 120825
Work Area: Sales Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 20%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
The Partner Sales Expert is a field-based employee that manages strategic VARs in order to grow SAP’s software license revenue across the SAP solution portfolio. The Partner Sales Expert is responsible for developing the partner’s SAP business by driving sales (to net new customers and to the partner’s current customer base), demand generation, and partner capabilities. The Partner Sales Expert is the main point of contact for building the partner relationship with SAP; and is the central advisor to the partner, responsible for coordinating all SAP interactions (among executives, solution teams, peers, etc.) in order to drive partner investments and growth in SAP’s solution portfolio.
Key business metrics for success may include revenue generated through partners, revenue growth, partner’s increase in net new customers, percentage of partners who are active and generating revenue, growing partners from one program level to the next, partner expansion into a new investment area (industry, geography, solution), and partners’ adherence to PartnerEdge program requirements (if applicable).
Critical skills include an understanding of channel business; partner financials and economics; partner business planning; SAP software solutions; partner sales, forecasting, and building pipeline; demand generation planning, execution, and ROI; enablement planning; SAP practice development within the partner; and operational execution.
The Partner Sales Expert reports to the local SAP Ecosystem and Channels management team, and works with an extended team -- that includes indirect and direct sales reps, Inside and Field sales (Account Executives), marketing and technical resources – as one SAP.
Strategic Value and Business Development
Responsible for the holistic management and representation of the partner to SAP and for proactively managing and developing the partner following a disciplined business planning process to expand the partner’s business with SAP.
• Understand the partner’s basic financial structure and key drivers which influence their business and decisions
• Develop deep and active relationships across all roles with the partner (executives, sales, marketing, technical,…) and keep up to date with all changes of the partners’ organization as well as with the changing environment at SAP
• Understand and articulate the SAP portfolio in terms of the customer value proposition and the partner value proposition (including partner economics, partner ROI and advise the partner on investments into various solutions); present SAP opportunities (i.e. new product, new solutions area) in financial terms including potential revenue, required partner investment, break-even, and ROI to gain partner adoption
• Assist the partner in building transformational plans with unique value propositions to differentiate themselves and provide value to customers; identify economic trends and industry knowledge to advise and align the partner’s investment in developing their SAP business and to gain trusted advisor status
• Develop and drive effective joint annual business planning with partner to ensure proper planning and execution of Sales, Marketing and Enablement including investment and expansion commitments, document partner’s commitments and investments, hold partners accountable, measure (and report) results and ROI regularly (i.e., quarterly updates and reviews)
• Proactively provide professional preparation and leadership of partner/SAP meetings
Overall: Revenue Generation and Leadership
Responsible for reselling SAP software licenses with and through partners across SAP’s portfolio and establishing an advisory relationship with the partner and SAP teams.
• Drive partner execution to revenue commitments to SAP; measure and report progress. Assess partner value to SAP taking into account SAP’s mid and long-term strategy and partner business development potential.
• Train partners on SAP sales methodology on overall SAP and specific product and solution positioning, and on competitive responses; develop partner’s sales skills on successful sales strategies and on individual opportunities through sales coaching, opportunity reviews, role-playing, and observing and assisting at customer visits.
• Guide partner on the sales landscape and see potential how SAP solutions complement other software and technologies that the partner sells to increase size of opportunities and the partner’s margin
• Collaborate with SAP teams (Account Executive, Inside Sales Executive, Customer Sales Manager); act as a strategic liaison between the partner and SAP to ensure effective communications, aligned strategies, and sales success;
• Update and communicate key partner changes -- for example, new partner executives or organizational structure, new SAP solutions authorizations, partner demand generation campaigns, investments, etc. -- to relevant SAP systems and teams (e.g., PRM, ISE’s, Account Executives)
• Prevent and resolve conflicts. Escalate as needed
Partner Demand Generation and Pipeline Creation
Responsible for partner’s pipeline development; driving SAP’s expectation of pipeline multipliers, and leveraging SAP marketing and business development resources and tools.
• Understand, develop and share best practices for demand generation and pipeline creation with partners
• Lead and drive partner to expand its SAP footprint in the innovation solution portfolio, and incorporate the new solutions in pipeline building and demand generation plans
• Guide partner’s demand generation plans to align closely with SAP’s current go-to-market messaging; influence partners to effectively utlize 100% of their marketing development funds; ensure partners utilize and leverage SAP’s marketing resources, tools, collateral, sales plays, and other SAP demand generation programs; track and measure the ROI or the demand generation activities
• Develop and execute a pipeline development plan to meet partner’s pipeline multiplier goals, net new name goals, and revenue commitments including setting goals for establishing customer references
• Ensure that the partner collaborates to build and execute joint demand generation activities with SAP regional, industry and national Sales, Business Development and Marketing Teams to grow a mutual pipeline; ensure that partners agree to clear account and align plans so as to close more business
• Ensure forecast accuracy and sales linearity (quarter after quarter, month after month)
General Partner Management
Responsible for the overall success of a partner with SAP, and for partner compliance with SAP PartnerEdge program requirements and SAP’s Chanel Operating Policies.
• Act as a thought leader to optimize and innovate partner engagement and investment in the SAP ecosystem and portfolio
• Effectively train partners to become experts on delivering the SAP value proposition (overall and by solution)
• Guide partner to work effectively within SAP’s Go-to-Market strategy
• Ensure PartnerEdge requirements are met and take corrective action as necessary
• Diagnose and prescribe corrective action for underperforming partners
• Ensure that partners – and SAP teams - operate in a professional and ethical manner; take action or escalate if professionalism and ethics standards are not being met
The Inside Partner Account Manager (IPAM) is the equivalent to the PAM for remotely managed partners. Consequently, the IPAM fulfils the same tasks and responsibilities as the PAM with slight adjustments to take into account that contact is mainly via telephone.
Partner Account Manager:
• 8 years working experience in the software industry
• 7 years in a partner-facing role (ex. Customer Service, Sales, Consulting); experience in working at a SAP partner is a ‘plus’
• Demonstrated partnering and sales leadership skills
• Business development planning and execution experience in driving sales pipeline, demand gen, and enablement with partners
• Strong analytical competencies
• Effective communication and presentation skills an executive level
• High energy - brings innovative ideas to the team and champions best practices
• Microsoft Office tools, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Local market knowledge and understanding (software industry, trends, vertical market industries, etc.)
• Business level English: yes
• Business level local language: yes
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor equivalent: yes
• Master equivalent: preferred
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: firstname.lastname@example.org ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No Selection