SAP Developer / Senior Developer - Full Stack & Cloud for Machine Learning Incubation Team -Singapo Job in Singapore, Singapore
Requisition ID: 123455
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The SAP Innovation Center Network is a strategic innovation entity within SAP, combining software engineering excellence with thought leadership and entrepreneurial spirit. Across various focus clusters and by building on strong teams, we pioneer game-changing solutions in close collaboration with startups, customers & partners in industry and research as well as with other SAP units. To ensure a successful go-to-market, we follow an end-to-end responsibility approach. By exploring unconventional ideas and developing inspiring proofs of concept, we push the state of the art in computer science and its applied fields to provide SAP with foresight into future trends.
As a Cloud Solution Developer for machine learning applications you will work in a team of experienced researchers, data scientists and application developers taking on challenges posed by the SAP customers and product units. You will have the chance to work with the richest data sets available in the world addressing real-world problems. Your primary goal will be to implement state-of-the-art cloud solutions in the area of machine learning applications. You will have a chance to select and implement the best technologies and approaches based on your own experience, judgment, and experimentation results. This role combines (1) experience with cloud technologies (2) practical knowledge of working with scalable platforms for processing of huge data sets, and (3) scaling from minimum viable product up to shippable cloud-operation-ready solutions, (4) build and maintaining innovative new products from the ground-up.
SAP Innovation Center Singapore provides an open, modern working environment and the opportunity to become part of the global SAP community.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As part of the SAP Innovation Center team, you will work together with a team of dedicated experts including researchers, developers, devops engineers, designers and architects with a single goal of building best machine learning cloud solutions for a variety of use cases spanning commerce, financial markets, human resources and procurement. You will work against fixed timelines and your success will be measured by the ability to deliver solutions matching the performance of top notch research prototypes. Your tasks include:
• Push the frontiers of what is possible in the area of cloud applications so as to create new incubations
• Explore, understand, and implement most recent technologies and approaches for cloud applications
• Comfortably handle multi-terabyte data sets in scale-up and scale-out environments
• Strive for automation and cloud operation readiness
• Understand business processes which create and consume data so as to be able to select best approaches, evaluate their performance, and assess business relevance
• Create excellence both in terms of results quality and system scalability through continuous evaluation, analysis, and refinement of the system implementation
• Communicate the relevance of implemented systems and achieved results in a visual and consistent way
• Work closely with the team (product owner, designers and other developers) and customers to holistically understand business and user requirements, and derive adequate application development concepts
• Performing quality assurance tasks
• Solve complex integration issues
• Ability to work in global teams with different time zones
• Immerse yourself quickly into new topics, terminology and development tasks
At least 5 years of experience in application development projects with a focus on innovation. At least 3 years of hands-on experience in building cloud operation ready solutions.
Your application documents should contain a cover letter reviewing your experiences and your interest, your CV, copies of your degrees (university, apprenticeship, high school) and copies of references from your former employers (if available).
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
You are a self-starter, goal-oriented, striving for perfection engineer. As an ideal candidate you will demonstrate a proven track record in development of large-scale cloud solutions and combine it with curiosity for exploring of ways how to optimize the cloud operations and performance of those. Ideally you bring breadth across several modern cloud technologies with a depth in one of them.
• Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Track record of developing novel cloud applications and/or systems
• Proficiency in handling of huge data sets and building scalable solutions
• Experience with cloud solutions such as Cloud Foundry, OpenStack, AWS, Terraform, etc.
• Ability to visualize work results in a clear and compelling way
• Strong desire to overcome obstacles and make your work benefit SAP's customers
• Excellent written and communication skills in English language
Job Segment: Developer, Cloud Applications, Cloud Operations, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data science development
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: firstname.lastname@example.org ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No Selection