SAP Revenue Recognition Specialist Job in Singapore, Singapore
Requisition ID: 124833
Work Area: Finance
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The position is located in Singapore, within the APJ Revenue Recognition Regional team. The Revenue Recognition Senior Specialist acts as business partner, supporting the Field / Business (Cloud Sales, software sales and consulting) and is responsible to secure compliance to revenue recognition standards (SAP internal revenue recognition policies and International Accounting standards).
As a business partner, the senior revenue recognition specialist takes an active part in the structuring and engineering of commercial proposals and contractual documents, in advance of deal closing, through close collaboration with the other Deal Support community members (Commercial Business Champions, Commercial Business Partners, Cloud Deal Desk, Pricing experts). He/she supports to field / business by providing revenue recognition guidance and advice in order to (i) maximize the revenue recognized, and (ii) enable corrective actions before deal closure. He/she is also responsible for securing compliance to internal revenue recognition guidance and internal standards.
The revenue recognition specialist is responsible for keeping up to date with revenue recognition policies rolled out by CFR and for spreading appropriate basic knowledge on revenue recognition matters into the business and other Deal Support functions.
The position reports to the Head of APJ Revenue Recognition with a dotted line into the local Chief Finance Officer.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Provide pro-active commercial input into the negotiation process through liaison with Commercial Business Champions, DealsDesk, Contracts Teams, Account Executives, Sales Management, Consulting Management, Legal and Pricing without compromising on compliance;
• Enforce compliance to SAP Group revenue recognition policies and internal accounting standards;
• Actively communicate and interact with the field and other finance department to ensure alignment on revenue recognition issues (e.g. : to ensure revenue forecast accuracy);
• Review and approve the “Deal Approval Forms” and consulting quotations summarizing the terms and conditions of commercial proposals and/or contracts in advance of release to customers;
• Align with regional revenue recognition team and CFR as appropriate;
• Review executed Software/Maintenance/Cloud/Consulting contracts above threshold for appropriate accounting determination;
• Prepare accounting memorandums on complex and large transactions as appropriate;
• Identify month-end journal entries (software deferrals, revenue adjustments, etc.), prepare supporting documentation, and communicate to accounting department for booking;
• Act as a first point of contact on the revenue recognition matters with internal and external auditors;
• Deliver regular training sessions to spread basic revenue recognition knowledge into the field;
• Oversee the bi-annual VSOE tests (process and results).
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Business School diploma or university degree in business administration with special topics in finance and accounting / auditing;
• Ability to interact and communicate with various stakeholders (sales, operations, finance community, auditors, etc.);
• Ability to strike the right balance between business partnering and stewardship;
• Ability to focus on the overall picture, solve problems and provide operational and decision support;
• Excellent oral and written presentation skills; proven ability to communicate complex information succinctly to business partners as well as senior management.
• Self motivated individual who is able to work well under pressure with accuracy and commitment.
• Have a “can-do” attitude and curiosity, excellent follow-through and strong work ethic.
• Independent, confident, decisive and persuasive
• Experience in software revenue recognition is a plus
• Minimum 5-8 years experience out of which it can be Financial Controlling, Cost Controlling, Revenue Recognition, Audit, etc.
• Strong general business acumen and can contribute finance expertise to address a variety of business challenges within a complex and dynamic organization.
• Exposure to APJ business cultures.
• Expertise in IFRS and US GAAP in the area of revenue recognition is a strong plus.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: email@example.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No Selection