HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Lead in Smyrna, Tennessee
TriStar StoneCrest is a 109-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 500 employees and more than 300 physicians on staff. StoneCrest, TriStar Health’s newest hospital, offers a full array of services including emergency care, general surgery, cardiology, women’s services, neurosciences, sleep services, orthopedics and oncology. The hospital most recently added robotic surgery, a Level II NICU and interventional cardiology services. Patient care and satisfaction is a primary focus, which is demonstrated by an accredited chest pain center, award winning cancer program, certificate of distinction for primary stroke centers and recognition by The Joint Commission as one of the nation’s top performers on key quality measures.
A Clinical Lead (RN) for Medical Surgical duties include:
Under the general supervision of the unit’s Director, Manager or designee, the Clinical Coordinator assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts. In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in unit.
· Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shift.
· Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
· Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when s/he is on duty.
· Supervises personnel providing direct patient care, with delegation of activities based on patient care needs and competencies of available patient care staff.
· Provides direct and ongoing supervision of staff with regard to conflict resolution and personnel policy compliance, including input and/or completion of performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.
· Assumes responsibility for resolving and/or channeling employee grievances according to appropriate procedures.
· Teaches, supervises and serves as a resource for staff, assists with clinical procedures as needed.
· Assesses need for and assists in implementation of staff development programs to enhance professional growth of personnel.
· Development/oversight of schedule.
· Makes assignments for the present or following shift to provide for smooth transition and ensures appropriate assignments throughout shift to cover changing patient needs and staff availability due to absences, breaks, etc. as well as compliance with staffing budgetary standards.
· Self-assigns patients and functions as necessary based on patient needs and available resources on unit.
· Communicates directly with the director/manager and supervisors regarding staff performance issues needing attention.
· Rounds on patients during the shift.
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
· Holds current and active State of Tennessee Registered Nurse license
· Clinical practice experience in the clinical specialty of his/her unit
· Current BLS, ACLS, PALS certifications
· Other certifications as required by clinical specialty (use addendum to list additional qualifications)
Title: Clinical Lead
Location: Tennessee-Smyrna-StoneCrest Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09391-56094