Washington State DSHS Juvenile Rehabilitation Residential Counselor in Snoqualmie, Washington
Echo Glen Children's Center is seeking dynamic and motivated individuals to serve as a Juvenile Rehabilitation Residential Counselors. You will have the opportunity to provide comprehensive case management, transition planning, and mental health counseling and treatment referral services for an assigned caseload of youth committed to Juvenile Rehabilitation care by the juvenile courts. Echo Glen Children's Center is located in Snoqualmie, Washington.
You'll have the opportunity to:
- Provide treatment and supervision interventions to youth who have a complex range of disorders and treatment needs
- Interview and administer screening tools and assessments, and assess behavior,
- Prioritize treatment targets, develop treatment plans, and implement interventions
- Utilize Dialectical Behavior Therapy, provide Aggression Replacement Training
- Facilitate various groups and activities
- Perform routine security duties, supervise and/or serve meals to resident groups
- Monitor movement of residents within the facility and in the community
Supervise and assign chores within a living unit to meet health and hygiene standards What we're looking for: Professionals with a Chemical Dependency Professional Certificate or willingness and ability to do course work toward certification and one of the following:
One year as a Juvenile Rehabilitation Counselor Assistant.
- A Bachelor's degree and one year of professional experience in casework, counseling, probation and parole, social services, planning, directing and/or facilitating youth group activities or experience in a related field.
- A Master's degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Social Sciences, or in an allied field An education degree must be from an accredited institution whose accreditation is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), or a foreign equivalent. A degree in Social Work must be from an educational program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
The selected candidate will possess and maintain a current Agency Affiliated Counselor or higher counseling-related credential from the Washington State Department of Health.
The Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, race, creed, color, national origin, honorably discharged veteran or military status or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this announcement in an alternative format may contact the recruiter at (360)725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-533-6388.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10047 B111E JD67E
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/26/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,369.00 - $4,418.00 Monthly
Location: King County – Snoqualmie, WA