Catalent Pharma Solutions Scientist in Somerset, New Jersey
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis requires in-depth evaluation of factors. Exercise judgment within generally defined practices. Acts independently on routine tasks and under general supervision on new assignments. Demonstrates potential for technical proficiency and scientific creativity.
- With supervision, carries out analytical activities and experiments in support of the development of pharmaceutical products. These activities include method development, method validation, sample analysis, solubility determinations, compatibility studies, and accelerated degradation, physical evaluation of products.
- With Supervision, provides analytical development support for formulation development of products at the laboratory and pilot plant scale. This includes assisting in writing protocols and reports; ordering lab supplies
- Keep accurate and detailed records of experiments including results and conclusions.
- Provides written and verbal updates on projects and activities as required.
- Assist others, as necessary, for timely project completion and supervise other lab personnel as required.
- Comply with Health, Safety and Environmental responsibilities for the position.
- Other tasks as assigned.
* MS in Analytical Chemistry preferred or BS in Analytical Chemistry with equivalent industry experience.
* Minimum 3-5 years applicable industry experience in support of pharmaceutical product development.
* Strong background in pharmaceutical separation science (LC, GC, CE). Good understanding and application of scientific principles and techniques. Experience with GMP and ICH regulations. Exposure to computer software associated with word processing and spreadsheet desirable. Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* May direct the work of associate scientists and technicians as needed.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS * Mathematical and reasoning ability * Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. * Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines. Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift 0-15 pounds. Be accessible to laboratory and pilot plant area(s) and office staff and to use required office equipment. Specific vision requirements include reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen frequently.
Catalent Pharma Solutions is the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies and development solutions for drugs, biologics and consumer health products. With over 80 years serving the industry, Catalent has proven expertise in bringing more customer products to market faster, enhancing product performance and ensuring reliable clinical and commercial product supply. Catalent is headquartered in Somerset, N.J. For more information, visit www.catalent.com
More products. Better treatments. Reliably supplied.™
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email along with the job number and title to Jobs@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be routed to a recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
Organization: Advanced Delivery Technologies (ADT)
Requisition ID: 0020412