SAP Development Architect - SAP Successfactors Job in South San Francisco, California
Requisition ID: 127866
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
SAP Successfactors is seeking a Development Architect to provide guidance for the development teams in making the application cloud ready. You will be responsible to ensure that new features and functions are cloud ready before being released to SAP DCs around the globe. Cloud ready in this context means, the feature is certified to be fully operational, has proven to be stable, performant and scalable.
You will review architectural concepts, support and implement PoCs by your own, sharing your feedback and recommendations with architects in ENG and Operations for final alignment. To increase your impact you can contribute actively in developing the feature with a clear focus on cloud readiness. By driving the project forward in an iterative and pragmatic manner, you will ensure that we cover its lifecycle E2E. So aspects as budget, monitoring, performance, support model etc., needs to be taken into consideration before a decision for implementation can be made.
You work on real projects will contribute to close the gap between ENG and Operations), helping the organization move towards a DevOps model. Beside all technical work an important part of your responsibility is to define this model and to develop it further. So be prepared to be an evangelist in this matter.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Consider End-to-End view spanning the complete life-cycle of the feature with a clear focus on cloud readiness
• Support architectural reviews and contribute to the feature by developing
• Provide feedback by running the first implementation on your own
• Work in close coordination and collaboration with teams across the organization, setting up a trustful relationship
• Define the model for collaboration between the teams in engineering and the delivery organization
Required Experience and Skills:
• Good programming skills in at least one language e.g. (JAVA, C, C )
• Good technical understanding of Cloud architecture
• Good analytical and technical skills, familiar with technology across the stack (OS, network, DB, application), especially with respect to databases
• Knowledge about HANA is an advantage
• Good social skills to collaborate with colleagues across different teams
• Good communication skills
• Knowledge about Cloud delivery and Cloud operation in general helpful
• Knowledge of HCM SFSF application (BizX, LMS or others) is an advantage
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: C at mailto:Careers@sap.com email@example.com at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations: No Selection