SAP Lead Performance Engineer - SAP Successfactors Job in South San Francisco, California
Requisition ID: 127775
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
SuccessFactors Engineering Performance Team is looking for a Senior Performance Engineer to lead the effort of performance and scalability assurance for SuccessFactors SaaS application with a focus on evaluating the SAP HANA in memory database infrastructure.
You will be part of the SuccessFactors Performance Engineering team, working with engineering, datacenter delivery, and customer supports to drive the product performance improvement. You will use various performance testing techniques to assess the application performance responding to the database technology. It is a great opportunity for you to influence the cloud application architecture for better performance, build out full spectrum performance tuning experience, and work in a team with great engineers in which everyone is passionate about the Cloud.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Specialize in database performance, especially for the HANA database infrastructure
• Work independently and also with a group of engineers on SuccessFactors application performance and scalability
• Demonstrate leadership in project management and high quality deliverables
• Able to define, track, and enhance team productivity metric, drive for objective performance
• Enforce performance assurance as an integrated step during the product development life cycle
• Partner with product managers and development teams to understand performance implication for features in each release development lifecycle
• Drive performance assurance across all dimensions, including network, application performance, and datacenter scalability
• Collaborate with teams cross organization, including engineering, operations and customer support
Required Experience and Skills:
• Hands-on experience on various performance and load assurance practices and methodology.
• Rich software development experience - 5 years’ experience with Java or J2EE.
• Strong experience with relational databases and in memory database
• 3 years’ experience on using Load Runner or other load testing tools.
• Solid knowledge of algorithms and data structures and be able to assess trade-offs between memory vs. CPU vs. I/O vs. database load etc.
• Familiar with system administration, application server configuration, network configuration and setup
• Highly goal oriented, flexible and to be able to adjust to changing priorities under stressful conditions and tight schedules.
• An absolute self-starter. Very comfortable and highly effective when working across teams.
• Highly motivated for performance tasks. Can take a big project and drive it across various teams from the start to the finish effectively.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, and a facility and ease with large group presentations will be needed.
• Have rich experiences working on real, large deployment of production systems, preferably SaaS deployments.
• Prior experience with performance Profiling/Tuning/Testing.
• Prior experience with analysis tools such as JProfiler, JConsole, MAT etc.
• Degree in Computer Science, advance degree is a plus.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: C at mailto:Careers@sap.com email@example.com at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations: No Selection