SAP Release Planning Manager Job in South San Francisco, California
Requisition ID: 123115
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Career Level: T4PM
Recruiter Name: Mario Richards
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
• Ensure up-front planning, scheduling, and successfully deploying releases to production environment in a controlled and systematic way
• Coordinate releases and deployments across multiple agile and non-agile teams
• Automate release and roll back of changes into/ from live environment
• Plan and oversee the successful roll-out of IT service changes into the live environment
• Define the release and deployment plans with all stakeholders
• Ensure that release include operational acceptance & each release package consists of a set of related assets and that service components are compatible.
• Ensure that all release and deployment packages can be tracked, installed, tested, verified and backed out (if required)
• Ensure that release schedule & all required documentation related to the release is created and managed
Knowledge/ Skills/ Expertise
• Strong understanding of operational readiness of services
• Extensive communication and coordination skills
• Planning & organizing skills
• 6 years of experience in release and deployment
• Strong understanding of IT services, service readiness and the required deliverables / outcomes
• Strong oral and written communication & facilitation skills
• Ability to manage multiple release / deployment teams
• Application Development Engineering
• Enterprise Architecture
• Central Operations
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: email@example.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations : No Selection