SAP Senior Cloud Ops Escalation Manager Job in South San Francisco, California
Requisition ID: 123095
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Senior Cloud Ops Escalation Manager
SAP SuccessFactors is seeking a Senior Cloud Ops Escalation Manager to join our Cloud Service Delivery Operations Team. As part of this team, you will have an integral part in supporting operations of our cloud based products and services across 10 Global Data Centers and ensuring superior service delivery to our customers.
We are looking for experienced Operations Manager with the ability to work a highly visible role in our fast paced Cloud environment. Individual will provide operational leadership focusing on high impact incidents within our Global Production environment.
• Direct responsibility to drive an ongoing incident management process including root cause identification, incident solving, change recommendation and coordination, risk determination, and ensure accurate incident reports & communications;
• Provide Operation & Technical Leadership to the front line technical team supporting Cloud Application, Database, Platform & Infrastructure Services to include problem isolation, issue resolution, and escalation management according to pre-defined protocols;
• Working with Change Management, oversee operational changes ensuring appropriate approval, adequate coordination across partner teams, and that changes are appropriately scheduled in light of their risk and business impact
• Assist in the creation / review of reports for management in regards to service availability, uptime, and adherence to Standard Operating Procedures and SLAs etc.;
• Provide timely written and verbal status updates to senior management for assigned incidents and problem ticket escalations, and when applicable, coordinate SWAT team (escalated incident management) activities;
• Be prepared to work across an extended business day shift in support of our 24x7 operational team, when required must be available for after hours and weekend calls for problem resolution;
• Escalate incidents to senior management as needed, scheduling, facilitating and reconvene meetings for incident and problems;
• 7 yrs experience operating in global, geographically dispersed, mid / large scale data center environment
• 2 yrs’ experience in a supervisory/management role,
• Good understanding of Cloud Base Operations, Deployments, Procedures and Standard
• Experience with Web & Java enterprise application services such as; Apache, NGINX, IIS, JBoss. Tomcat. Weblogic, Websphere, Glassfish, .NET
• Good Understanding of core Internet technologies, networks and protocols such as: TCP/UDP, IP, DNS, HTTP, TLS, SMTP, Load Balancers, VLANS, Firewalls
• Understanding of Linux/Unix based systems from kernel, shell, scripting, etc.
• Solid Understanding of Enterprise / Service Provider Data Center Architecture (high density servers, backbone routers/switches, load balancers, SAN/NAS)
• Solid understanding of IT security principles and disaster recovery
• Strong technical grounding & experience with enterprise database technology (e.g. HANA, MaxDB, Sybase, Oracle, MS SQL) a plus
• Strong familiarity Enterprise class Fault Monitoring and Performance Management tools
• Strong leadership qualities with the ability to lead a large technical and operational support team through assessment and mitigation activities, facilitate effective bridge lines, and provide required detailed documentation and follow up;
• Experience in teaming with geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively and proactively communicate complex operational ideas, subjects, and directions to technical and non-technical audiences.
Education / Certifications:
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field – or equivalent applied experience.
• Industry Certifications a Plus: RHCE, VCA, OCA, CCNP, ITIL, PMP
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: email@example.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations: No Selection