SAP Senior QA Engineer Job in South San Francisco, California
Requisition ID: 127564
Work Area: Software-Quality Assurance
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
This newly created "hands on" position will be responsible in taking a Senior role for creating, architecting, managing and driving the SQA process in a SaaS /Cloud Computing model.
• Hands on tasks with Oracle and Hana database to create and execute test scripts, queries and automation
• Actively participate in SQA processes that will validate all software development efforts including quality use cases.
• Take ownership of and lead Product Releases.
• Guide and mentor SQA Team Members.
• Help QA Manager in creating, architecting, managing and evangelizing the existing software quality team into a world class SQA function.
• Lead the creation and execution of manual and automated test cases for functional, regression and end-to-end testing, including both back-end and front-end testing of entire system, subsystems and interfaces to other systems.
• Automate and Execute test plans according to project schedule. Identify report and track defect issues throughout SQA release cycle.
• Collaborate with the operations and development staff on integrating the test infrastructure into the build and deployment infrastructure.
• Work closely with local and global [India/China/Germany] software development and QA teams.
• Maintain test data, test cases and support Jira bug tracking.
• BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
• 7-10 years of overall SQA Engineering experience of which 2 years as a lead in a hosted or SaaS environment.
• SQL Data base experience – Oracle preferred
• SQL database performance troubleshooting experience
• Automated test suite development.
• API test development
• Experience with Agile methodology and VersionOne tool.
• Proven experience driving the software testing process utilizing in-depth knowledge of state of art SQA methodology, tools and software development life cycles.
• Experience delivering black-box and grey-box testing, including automation and end-to-end testing.
• Geek factor, able to speak XML, HTML, comfortable with API, web services, Fiori, Oracle, Hana. knowledge of how the platforms that comprise as SaaS are put together.
• Experience developing scripts [Linux/Unix].
• Knowledge and experience with multi-tiered systems, including working knowledge of web/application servers.
• Understanding of complex SaaS deployment environments.
• Experience in designing, developing, and implementing automated testing of high transaction SaaS applications using Selenium or similar automated testing tool is a plus.
• Excellent oral, written and analytical skills, and demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement.
• Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills and attention to detail.
• Team Player
• Works in a logical and methodical manner – pays attention to detail;
• Is a strategic thinker; deals with complex issues and is proactive in providing solutions
• Comfortable working with fast-paced environment; schedule driven development
• Able to work with minimal supervision
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: C at mailto:Careers@sap.com firstname.lastname@example.org at mailto:email@example.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations: No Selection