SAP Service Asset and Configuration Manager Job in South San Francisco, California
Requisition ID: 127271
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Career Level: T4PM
Recruiter Name: Mario Richards
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
SAP SuccessFactors is seeking a Service Asset and Configuration Manager to join our Service Management Team. This role requires an individual with strong Configuration Management experience and has held the position of SACM Manager previously. You will provide and manage overarching Configuration Management capabilities to support Service Management activities including the validation and audit of configuration items that support many of the different services / platforms SAP SuccessFactors provides.
You will be responsible for quality assurance of the SACM process and ensure adherence of this process. You will also be responsible for ensuring configuration items are appropriately known, recorded and accessible. You will be responsible for maintaining the relationships between these configuration items that make up the services, systems and applications used by the business.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Develop and promote the value of Asset & Configuration management processes, procedures and policies within SAP SuccessFactors to ensure compliance and reduce risk
• Implement effective processes and controls for maintaining the configuration management system
• Focusing on managing a team to build / leverage tools, defining standards and policies through tools for version control, configuration management, release notes, build and deployment as required
• Perform annual audits of the configuration management system and configuration item data
• Develop and implement processes to remediate non-compliance, while ensuring the configuration item database reflects the production environment
• Evaluate advancements in DevOps, new infrastructure and tools; look for ways to bring more effectiveness and efficiency.
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the HCM product suite, the various technology platforms, and technical ownership structure
• Generate of executive presentations highlighting areas of concern that require action/improvement both at fundamental (themes) and functional levels.
• Develop and maintain document repository related SACM
• Responsible for understanding complex business processes that interact with SACM
• Good organizational skills plus the ability to motivate people across the organization to provides solutions
• Previous experience working with configuration management, deployment and orchestration software
• Decision maker with an operational outlook
• Demonstrated collaboration skills to work with IT/Lab and engineering scrum teams.
• Hands on experience in technical, infrastructure architecture design and solution creations
• Strong experience in supporting SACM operations, technical writing, and documentation practices
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Suite experience
• Strong data analysis and metric driven reporting understanding / experience
• Excellent communication, follow-up, and documentation skills
• Familiarity with SaaS Cloud applications and networking concepts
• Strong interpersonal skills that establish and sustain close working relationships with functional teams and subject matter experts as well as IT technical and support personnel
• Ability to time manage and juggle a variety of short and long term responsibilities
• Familiarity with relational databases (e.g Oracle, SQL), information systems concepts (e.g. networking, infrastructure/architecture, storage, virtualization), and technical problem analysis preferred and highly recommended to excel in position.
• Preferred experience with JIRA ticket system
• Preferred experience with ServiceNow
• Preferred experience building dynamic dashboards
Education & Certifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT / Technology and 8 years technical experience in related field
• 2 years experience as an ITIL SACM Process Manager or Process owner
• Desired / Not required:
o ITIL Foundation and Intermediate certifications
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: C at mailto:Careers@sap.com firstname.lastname@example.org at mailto:email@example.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations: No Selection