Lehigh Hanson Environmental Professional in Speed, Indiana
Line Of Business: Cement Operations
Department: Health, Safety and Environment
Primary Location: Speed-IN
Reporting to the Plant Manager in Speed, IN, this position is responsible for implementation and coordination of the cement plant’s environmental management programs.
Principal responsibilities/function of the position:
Develop and manage annual environmental budget and CAPEX Plan.
Manage the implementation and maintain the environmental system of certifications (ISO 14001, etc.).
Identify environmental improvement opportunities and requirements to optimize costs.
Assess the environmental impact of plant operations, developing, and propose an improvement program and action plan to continuously improve.
Manage environmental permit compliance, modification, and renewal.
Prepare and submit reports to regulatory agencies on a timely basis.
Manage relationships with regulators and local community.
Submit environmental reports to internal stakeholders.
Ensure plant equipment and instrumentation are operating in accordance with regulations.
Attend association and community meetings to review and provide feedback regarding plant operations.
Manage environmental documentation process to demonstrate regulatory compliance (procedures, training, recordkeeping, etc.).
Coordinate environmental sampling activities for air, water, and waste.
Coordinate periodic environmental audits to evaluate current performance.
Analyze daily environmental performance.
Contribute to the development of equipment start-up, shut-down, and malfunction procedures.
Coordinate the testing of emergency response procedures.
Negotiate with regulatory agencies on environmental penalties and consent orders.
Manage environmental projects.
Provide plant-specific technical support to influence regulatory changes.
Communicate with and train plant employees on regulatory requirements and plant specific procedures for compliance.
Complete all work in compliance with federal, state and local regulatory requirements. Maintain awareness of surroundings at all times and perform work in a safe manner.
Experience and/or education required for this position, including degrees, licensures or certificates:
· Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering or related field.
· Five years of related environmental or industry experience.
· Working knowledge of Federal, Provincial and Local regulations.
· Working knowledge of Ministry regulations.
· Knowledge of proper contacts and avenues for information, materials and assistance at regulatory agencies.
· Working knowledge of PCs and computer software.
· Familiarity with Total Quality Techniques and how to function effectively, lead and interact in a TQ environment.
· Working knowledge of the cement manufacturing industry, especially quality control procedures.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled