Washington State Director of Marketing and Communications/Communications Consultant (06741) in Spokane, Washington
The mission of the Eastern Washington State Historical Society (EWSHS) Northwest Museum of Arts and Culture is to "create experiences that connect our audiences to the unique history, native and diverse cultures, and the art of the Inland Northwest." The agency exists to inspire and foster understanding of this unique region.
While reporting to the Director of EWSHS, you will be responsible for planning, implementing, and managing all marketing and communications activities that support our mission of actively engaging all people in the appreciation of arts and culture through collections stewardship, exhibits and programs that educate and entertain. You will also be responsible for enhancing and protecting the brand and reputation of the Museum through all media vehicles, including print, radio, TV, billboard and social media outlets.
If you wish to be a part of a team that educates, inspires, and appreciates our mission, we encourage you to apply today!
This posting has been extended beyond the original closing date
This position is the primary contact point for public information channels (print, TV/radio, social, web, etc.). Some of the duties you will be doing include:
- Keeps website vital and updated;
- Originates and edits all media advisories, press releases, etc.;
- Refines graphic standards for all museum marketing collateral materials;
- Advises, counsels and works on the behalf of all internal revenue departments regarding effective media strategies;
- Collects information from staff ensuring accuracy of detailed information;
- Consults with Director and Board President, Deputy Director and key staff regarding institution-wide communication strategy; and
- Checks all media advisories, press releases, media ads, social media content for accuracy of information. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work in communications, marketing or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years communication experience, ideally in a non-profit environment
- Working knowledge of media and communication techniques and strategies
- Proven success record in developing and implementing communications strategies that result in tangible outcomes.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- The ability to move/transfer 30 pounds
Some travel (primarily in Spokane and Eastern WA). Desired:
Creative thinking; ability to communicate effectively with peers; and ability to stay on budget while meeting hard deadlines.
- Passion for sharing the region's cultural stories with audiences of all ages and learning styles through a variety of media (printed, electronic, visual, etc.). Supplemental Information
In addition to completing the online application, applicants must attach the following documents to their profile in order to be considered for this position:
- A letter of interest, describing how you meet the specific qualifications for this position;
- A current resume, detailing experience, and education; and
A list of at least three (3) professional references with current telephone numbers. READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY:
The initial screening will be solely based on the contents and completeness of the "duties summary" section of your application in Careers.wa.gov, completeness of the application material submitted, and the supplemental questionnaire.
- A resume will not substitute for completing the "duties summary" section of the application. Responses to the supplemental questionnaire regarding work experience must be reflected in the "duties summary" section of the application.
- By submitting materials you are indicating that all information is true and correct. The state may verify information. Any untruthful or misleading information is cause for removal from the applicant pool or dismissal if employed. VETERAN'S PREFERENCE
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and wish to claim Veteran's Preference MUST attach a copy of their DD214, or other verification of military service. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.
Note: Applicants claiming veteran's preference points must attach the documentation with each on-line application. If you do not provide appropriate documentation to qualify for these preference points, the points will not be awarded.
For additional information on Veteran's Preference and guidance on how to determine if you are eligible,click here.
We thank you and are grateful for your service
Should you have any questions regarding this position or the online application, contact Angie Anderson at (360) 407-8446 or email@example.com
The State of Washington is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with a disability who need assistance with their application or that need this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960. TTY users should first call 711 to access theWashington Relay Service.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-06741
Department: Eastern Washington Historical Society
Closing: 10/31/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,563.00 - $4,678.00 Monthly
Location: Spokane County – Spokane, WA