Washington State DSHS Direct Care Provider (Attendant Counselor 2) in Spokane, Washington
Are you a compassionate individual who is ready to coach, teach and mentor people with intellectual disabilities? Join us today and be part of our hard-working team of professionals in Spokane Valley.
We need your skills to provide support, care, supervision, and training to children who receive services and live in a Children's State Operated Living Alternatives (SOLA) home, and adults who are participants in the SOLA program and live in their own homes.
Some of what you'll be doing:
- Assist and train SOLA participants in all areas of Activities of Daily Living (ADL's.) and personal care. Implement individualized programs, plans and services that are designed to maintain skills and encourage independence.
- Assist participants to seek recreational opportunities that are life enhancing and support individualized choice.
- Transport and/or accompany participants to all appointments and/or other activities in the community.
- Assess participant medical and overall conditions. Implement all nursing procedures as trained by clinical/RND nurse.
- Review, collect, and record participant information following the SOLA documentation policy and report information that is vital and/or pertinent to home management.
- Responsible for maintaining participant residence, keeping it safe and clean while respecting personal property.
Assist with medical or behavioral emergencies. Interested applicants
Must receive Nurse Delegation training and obtain and maintain Nursing Assistant Registered (NAR) or NAC Certification.
- Must receive CPR/First Aid and keep training/card current.
- The hours are 7:15am - 11:15am Saturday through Wednesday. Who should apply? High school graduates (GED) who have one year of experience working with clients with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities OR one year of experience as an Attendant Counselor 1 or higher level state job class.
Apply today for job 10391 and provide a complete application specifying your work experience.
For questions about this opportunity, contact Dave Ozment at 360-725-5843 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Supplemental Information
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810.Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Part Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10391 YN96E
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 11/7/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $14.95 - $18.05 Hourly
Location: Spokane County – Spokane, WA