CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP Accountant in St. Joseph, Missouri
We are seeking Accountants *for our *St. Joseph, MO office to start in January 2017. The Accountant provides accounting services across a broad spectrum of industries and service areas including financial statement and tax return preparation for client engagements. S/he could perform a variety of accounting services such as account reconciliations, preparation of workpapers, preparation of financial statements, paperless conversions, tax return preparation, completing sales tax returns, and more. S/he does not participate in the performance of any actual review or audit procedures and cannot sign any review or audit work programs.
Work Activities and Accountabilities:
The Accountant can do anything our clients can do to prepare for financial reporting and tax engagements including:
- Reconcile accounts
- Prepare and adjust the trial balance
- Maintain depreciation schedules
- Prepare financial statements and tax returns
- Prepare workpapers for audits, reviews, compilations, tax returns, and all other engagements.
- Proficiency and aptitude for applicable software (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.). Knowledge of the basic accounting concepts involved in accounting and tax return preparation.
- Two year degree required. Five years of equivalent work experience may be considered as a degree equivalent in some cases. Individuals with greater experience and education may wish to pursue this as a career path option as well.
ABOUT THE FIRM
CliftonLarsonAllen LLC (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing and public accounting capabilities to help enhance our clients’ enterprise value and assist them in growing and managing their related personal assets – all the way from startup to succession and beyond. Our professionals are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With nearly 4,400 people, 100 US locations and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 16-0903
City: St. Joseph