Ingersoll Rand Principle Cyber Security Engineer in ST PAUL, Minnesota
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Trane BAS seeking candidate to define and conduct research on the security of cloud and web applications and embedded systems, including operating systems, software / firmware applications, computer networks, embedded devices and communications networks, with an emphasis on the cyber security of control systems.
The Sr. Cyber Security Engineer will be working with other BAS control engineering team members to identify business and technology vulnerabilities in early stages and embed security requirements to address them. Conduct security assessments of systems in development where the assessment activities will include threat modelling, vulnerability assessment.
Support activities with product architects, developers and testers to implement secure designs within our products employing secure communications, network / device access control, authentication, cryptography, audit, forensics, and anomaly and misuse detection to provide information security (integrity, confidentiality, availability, and non-repudiation).
Manage 3rd party partners and vendors supplying cyber security related services
- Define and develop processes and methodologies for designing secure systems
- Identify the design implications within a platform and system and work with teams to minimize vulnerabilities
- Help drive system and product requirements to minimize potential security risks
- Drive security requirements into key programs in early stages
- Influence program decisions to reduce risk exposure of the company
- Participate in Incident Response efforts
- Identify and review test coverage for the security aspects of the system
- Assist in responses to external audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments
- Self-motivated to stay engaged with market on new security products, threats and vulnerabilities and to apply innovative approaches in technology, marketing and service operations to meet those needs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar engineering discipline with an emphasis on cyber security
- Candidate must have at least 5 years of experience in any combination of the following; controls systems ( BAS), system design, embedded systems, multi-platform product development Research and development experience in cyber security of embedded systems
- Knowledge of application development, networks, risk management
- Vulnerability assessment and penetration testing experience
- Understanding and skill in cyber security tools and environments, i.e. Kali Linux, McAfee, Metasploit etc.
- Strong knowledge of current security threats, techniques, and landscape, as well as a self-motivated desire to research current in the cyber security landscape
- Ability to research, develop, and keep abreast of tools, techniques, and process improvements in support of security detection and analysis in accordance with current and emerging threats
- Threat Modeling and Secure Development Lifecycle experience.
- Risk Analysis Experience
- Implementation experience or knowledge of security controls.
- Working experience with OWASP Top 10 for web applications
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: ST PAUL-Minnesota
Job: Information Technology
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Oct 18, 2016, 8:09:15 AM