HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse RN - Neuroscience Unit / Neuro Telemetry in St Petersburg, Florida
Northside Hospital seeks a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our 35 bed Neuro Telemetry Unit (NSU)!
Named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay for three consecutive years, Northside Hospital is a 288-bed facility serving the community since 1976. Northside is located in the heart of Pinellas County only minutes from the pristine Gulf coast beaches as well as the thriving city life of downtown St. Petersburg, FL. As the first Comprehensive Stroke Center in St. Petersburg, our technologically advanced facility allows our superior physicians and nursing staff to care for our growing community. With campus-based specialized units, such as the Tampa Bay Heart Institute, and the Neuroscience Institute for Interventional Neuroradiology and neurologic care, Northside Hospital continues to enhance and expand its services to better serve the St. Petersburg community. Excelling in Patient Safety, we are the only hospital in St. Petersburg to earn an “A” in the Leapfrog Fall 2015 Hospital Safety Score. Northside also received a 3 Star (highest available) Quality Rating from the Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons .
At Northside, Healing Comes from the HEART. Click hereto watch our team talk about how our Values define our culture at Northside Hospital. W e provide the highest quality of care in a warm, personalized setting for the patients we serve. We pride ourselves on both our professionalism and compassion. Our staff is comprised of dedicated professionals who have worked for Northside any length of time, ranging from 2 years to 38 years. We foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow.
* Accredited by the National Society of Chest Pain Centers, Northside is committed to ensuring our patients have access to the highest levels of cardiac care available.
- Number of Staff: 50
- Skill Mix: RN, LPN, Unit Secretary, Monitor Technician, CNA, Student Nurse
- Major Equipment Used: IV pumps, Dinamaps, Dopplers, ARJO lifting equipment
Schedules: 12-hour shifts (7-7); Full Time is considered 36 hours per week, including every other weekend or 4 weekend days/month.
Performs assessment and reassessment of the patient’s physical condition and nursing needs; develops, implements and communicates patient's Plan of Care with patient. Sets goals, and takes appropriate nursing action to meet those goals. Ensures patient’s physical, emotional and rehabilitative needs are met. Encourages patient's involvement with their own care.
- Accurately documents the administration of care in the patient record in a timely manner.
- Coordinates the patient's care and identified needs with other services and departments throughout the hospital.
- Identifies and integrates patient learning needs, abilities and readiness into the Plan of Care. Develops and implements an individualized teaching plan for patient and patient family.
- Recognizes and reports signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect to physician(s) and Department Director and/or appropriate agency.
- Participates in rounding and proactively responds to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall patient experience.
Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Education *
Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferrred
- Experience *
Previous experience in an Acute Care setting strongly preferred
- Licensure/Certifications *
Current Florida State Registered Nurse license required
BLS (Basic Life Support) through American Heart Association ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) required
NIHHS through American Stroke Association (available online athttp://www.strokeassociation.org/)
Title: Registered Nurse RN - Neuroscience Unit / Neuro Telemetry
Location: Florida-St Petersburg-Northside Hospital %26 Tampa Bay Heart Institute
Requisition ID: 01385-7594