HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Trauma Performance Improvement Coordinator in St Petersburg, Florida
The Trauma Coordinator is responsible for accurately performing hospital-based data collection and injury scaling and providing trauma-related data to the trauma service team. The position also monitors each trauma case through the continuum of care within the Hospital to identify cases, extract necessary information and report it for inclusion in the trauma registry database in an accurate and timely manner.
Clinical Responsibilities: * Assists staff in problem-solving relating to the care of trauma patient. * Responds to Emergency Department for all trauma team activations when in-house and as requested by the Emergency Department. * Participates in clinical rounds and patient care follow-up.
Performance Imrpovement/Patient Safety Responsibilities:
* Coordinates and facilitates quality assurance activities relating to trauma care from pre-hospital through discharge.
* Monitor Emergency Department process and care of the trauma patient for compliance with state and American College of Surgeons Care of the Trauma patient.
* Monitor clinical outcomes
* Monitor systems issues related to quality of care delivery
* Develop quality filters, audits, and case reviews
* Identify trends and sentinel events/Report trends and issues to the Trauma committee
* Help outline remedial actions while maintaining confidentiality
* Responsible for document preparation and other requirements for trauma center ACS verification. Supervises initial injury registry data collection for the trauma registry.
* Assist Trauma Program Director and Trauma Medical Director in preparing for multidisciplinary committee meetings.
* Compiles, reviews and audits all trauma death summaries and autopsies with the Trauma Medical Director and the Trauma Committee * Assists in compilation and presenting of routine mortality and morbidity review of trauma patients for trauma committee. * Responsible for identification, documentation, and resolution of all process improvement issues. * Develops collaborative relationships with staff in all departments to facilitate cooperation and support for the trauma program. Fosters good public relations for the hospital trauma program. Acts as a liaison for the hospital with community and regional EMS providers. Gives feedback to nursing staff of referring hospitals
Professional Standards: * Attends continuing educational seminars and activities to keep abreast of current trends and issues in trauma care,as approved by the Trauma Program Director. Participates in local, state, and regional trauma-related activities as indicated to maintain and develop appropriate political insight and relationships. * Helps identify any changes in national standards and assist in making revisions to Hospital's policies/standards to assure compliance with national standards. * Actively participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of the New Hampshire trauma system. * Demonstrates behaviors consistent with organizational mission and goals. Follows all applicable hospital policies and procedures. * Participates in facility Quality Improvement Program. Follows policies and procedures for infection control and facility safety in accordance with regulatory guidelines. * Follows "Patients Rights Policy" at all times. Demonstrates knowledge of information management as appropriate.
- Provide staff development in facility as well as in area or region
- Assist in pre-hospital education
- Participate in case review with staff as needed for educational purposes
- Standardize practice guidelines/policy/procedure
- Direct community trauma and prevention programs
General: * Work cooperatively and productively with the Trauma Program Director, Trauma Medical Director, ED Medical Director, ED Nursing Director. * Work cooperatively and productively at all times with physicians, nurses, other providers and staff, patients and families affiliated with or participating in the Trauma Progam. * Prepare and present to Trauma Committee an annual report covering results, accomplishments, goals and objectives of Trauma Coordinator and the operation of the Trauma program at NSH. * Such other reasonable duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time by Trauma Medical Director or the Trauma Program Director with respect to trauma issues.
- RN with a current LicenseBSN required, MSN preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Meet all ED RN minimum job description functions
- Ability to teach, direct and coordinate functions of the trauma team
- Ability to function asan RN as part of the trauma team
Title: Trauma Performance Improvement Coordinator
Location: Florida-St Petersburg-Northside Hospital %26 Tampa Bay Heart Institute
Requisition ID: 01385-7821