PAE, Inc Personnel Security Specialist in Suitland, Maryland
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Personnel Security Specialist
To provide personnel and administrative support services for a federal client. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Initiates background investigations and runs necessary pre-employment queries to include law enforcement and credit checks.
• Manages receipt of security documents submitted from applicants and/or appointees.
• Provides guidance to team members for quality initiatives and process enhancements.
• Verifies the appropriate level of background investigation being requested, and ensures all documents required for processing have been completed and included in the case file.
• Assesses the loyalty, reliability, suitability and trustworthiness of applicants and/or appointees to Federal positions, for entry and retention in sensitive and non-sensitive positions under 5 Code Federal Regulations 731.
• Reviews, evaluates and adjudicates reports of investigation, personnel files and other records to determine whether to grant, deny, revoke, suspend or restrict building access consistent with guidelines.
• Possesses general knowledge of security concepts and principles as they apply to a personnel security program.
• Initiates contact with personal references and employers of applicants and/or appointees for use in pre-employment screening.
• Prepares, submits, monitors, and updates computer tracking systems concerning appropriate case material.
• Communicates effectively with outside stakeholders to provide status updates, ensure compliance with agency requirements and provides agency guidance for case processing concerns.
• Validates and ensures that submitted documents meet acceptability criteria and/or takes appropriate actions to resolve discrepancies or incomplete information.
• Effectively manages multiple priorities to include competing projects and casework.
• Operates office equipment (e.g., computers, facsimile machines, copiers, scanners, printers, and phone systems).
• Position hours are between 6:30am - 6:00pm
This position requires three years of personnel security experience in the Federal sector. Educational substitutions may be considered by the customer.
• With a Bachelor’s Degree this position requires two years of experience, one of which should be experience relevant to the nature of the contract work.
Relevant experience may include, but is not limited to, experience within one or more of the standard security and/or intelligence fields (e.g.; technical, physical, information, personnel, operational or signal security, counterintelligence, antiterrorism, counterterrorism, counter drug, computer security, surveillance, counter surveillance or surveillance detection, infrastructure protection, force protection, technology protection, information operations, industrial security and/or intelligence programs, law enforcement, government or military experience).
• Familiarity with e-QIP, CVS, PIPS/JPAS and other security products.
• Experience using Microsoft Office Programs and desktop publishing application software and hardware.
• Ability to apply highly technical knowledge in solving complex problems and apply law, regulation, policy and procedures to the personnel security program.
• Must be highly organized and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• The position will require the candidate to have or undergo a background investigation that will be adjudicated by the agency. A security clearance is not required.
• Subject matter expertise and hands-on experience in one or more security and/or intelligence discipline and experience implementing complex government security and/or intelligence programs and policies is preferable
• High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email email@example.com with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.